New York League 4

Greg Ambrosius

New York League 4

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:24 am

The New York main event will be held at the New York Sheraton Hotel & Towers on Saturday, March 21st starting promptly at 1 p.m. EST with 8 leagues. Please be on time as all drafts will start exactly at the top of the hour. Here is the draft order for New York League 4:

NEW YORK LEAGUE 4

1. Lenny Diveglio, Medford, New York

2. John Bono, Albertson, New York

3. Joe Martino, Melville, New York

4. Brian Zirlin, Short Hills, New Jersey

5. Louis DiMauro, Staten Island, New York

6. Steve Ciepela, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

7. Michael Crescenzi, Wake Forest, North Carolina

8. Ryan Carey, New York, New York

9. Bobby Brendler, Rockville, Maryland

10. Larry Lensak, Wayne, New Jersey

11. Mike Piazza, Watervielt, New York

12. John Sisto, New Rochelle, New York

13. Scott Fleming, Totowa, New Jersey

14. Justin Pappas, Farmingdale, New York

15. Steve Janovici, Fredericksburg, Pennsylvania
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Ryan C

New York League 4

Post by Ryan C » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:13 am

#8 - just outside of my preferred zone.

Look forward to meeting you all on Saturday - or Friday night in NYC if anybody is up for it :D
Mastersball

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

devilznj

New York League 4

Post by devilznj » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:19 am

Hey, look at it this way - you've got the best view of the draft board.
Happy Recap

mother

New York League 4

Post by mother » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:11 am

Diveglio, Bono, Martino, DiMaura, Ciepela, Crescenzi, Piazza--they're going to have to rename this the Soprano's League... If my team starts to go south at some point, I'll rename it The Big Pussies as a motivational tactic. See you all in NYC.

steve

New York League 4

Post by steve » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:50 pm

aNYONE HAVE ANY VIEWS ON THE LIVE DRAFT. hOW DID YOU DO?

mother

New York League 4

Post by mother » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:58 am

I'm pretty happy with my team from the 7 spot, and very happy with my pitching staff. Captain Lou could be dangerous if some of his sleeper pitchers--Pedro, Carpenter, Kelvim Escobar--come through, as he assembled a nice mix of hitters. Prospectors came away with a nice staff: Brandon Webb, Gallardo, Chris Young, Soria, Kuroda, and some upside guys. But the odds on favorite coming out of the draft is Team Bono: solid at every position, nice mix of power and speed, and one of the best pitching units in the league, led by Haren, Dempster, Lilly, and Floyd. He could be weak in saves if things don't break right, but if you have to be light in one category coming out of the draft, that's the easiest to make up in FAAB.

Let's get some chatter going...!

devilznj

New York League 4

Post by devilznj » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:59 am

Taking a little break after the drafts and working like a mad man through tax season, but.....

looking at the pitching staffs only at this stage I don't really see anyone standing out too much from the pack - everyone drafted fairly well.

Going forward, if I had to pick one staff, I would keep my eye on Team Carey. The 2 Atlanta pitchers will have a big say - can Jurrjens hold up this season after all the pitches he threw last year? And Kawakami is a real wild card with the potential to really bolster this staff.

Let's just fast forward to April 5 already!
Happy Recap

steve

New York League 4

Post by steve » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:20 am

Pitching is only 1/2 the equation. You must have an even mix. I saw teams in the past with all star

pitching and there hitting suffered. Also pitchers are alot easier to pick up through the year unlike hitters.

Ryan C

New York League 4

Post by Ryan C » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:29 am

Originally posted by devilznj:

Taking a little break after the drafts and working like a mad man through tax season, but.....

looking at the pitching staffs only at this stage I don't really see anyone standing out too much from the pack - everyone drafted fairly well.

Going forward, if I had to pick one staff, I would keep my eye on Team Carey. The 2 Atlanta pitchers will have a big say - can Jurrjens hold up this season after all the pitches he threw last year? And Kawakami is a real wild card with the potential to really bolster this staff.

Let's just fast forward to April 5 already! Prospectors - thanks - I like my team - but they are a young bunch. Coming out of the draft the teams that actually stood out to me were yours at the 10 spot. Scott Fleming's MINGALING squad from pick 13 and Steve Pappas's Electric Dream Machine at 14. I malso thought that Mike C on my right and Bobby B had solid drafts. I agree that Louis's team has potential.

But honestly I don't see any squad that doesn't have major risks and questions - that's why we play the games.

But should be a fun league - looks like a fun bunch of guys - looking forward to the season.

[ March 31, 2009, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Ryan Carey ]
Mastersball

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

Jpappas27

New York League 4

Post by Jpappas27 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:13 am

QUOTE]Prospectors - thanks - I like my team - but they are a young bunch. Coming out of the draft the teams that actually stood out to me were yours at the 10 spot. Scott Fleming's MINGALING squad from pick 13 and Steve Pappas's Electric Dream Machine at 14. I malso thought that Mike C on my right and Bobby B had solid drafts. I agree that Louis's team has potential.

But honestly I don't see any squad that doesn't have major risks and questions - that's why we play the games.

But should be a fun league - looks like a fun bunch of guys - looking forward to the season. [/QB][/quote]

Thanks Ryan for the Electric Dream Machine shot out...first year in the NFBC and definitely excited to get going. Nice to meet you at the draft as well, we discussed life on the UWS during one of the breaks...I'll be sure to check out Smoke(?) sometime soon...I believe that was your reccomendation.

[ March 31, 2009, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Jpappas27 ]

Ryan C

New York League 4

Post by Ryan C » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:45 am

I think our league in particular had a lot of first time Main Event guys - I am one as well.

Yeah - I remember that as well - the owner's name is Frank and my other bud who is there on Sundays only is Jimmy. He is the huge Boston fan - so drop in and bust his chops and tell him Ryan sent ya.

Once the season gets going we'll catch a drink sometime.
Mastersball