Chicago League 3

Greg Ambrosius

Chicago League 3

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:04 am

The Chicago main event will be held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center on Saturday, March 17th starting at 1 p.m. EST (noon CST). Please be on time as all drafts will start exactly at the top of the hour. Here is the draft order for Chicago League 3:

CHICAGO LEAGUE 3

1. Chris Beeler

2. Joe Lumberg

3. Lance Goebel

4. Jim Mieszala

5. James Fares

6. Thomas Greenwald

7. Christopher Kleemann

8. Richard Heidecke

9. Darrell Gwinn

10. Dave McDonald

11. Jeff Cooper

12. Mike Diedrich

13. Nathan Serr

14. Richard Kulaski

15. Jace Anders
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

headhunters

Chicago League 3

Post by headhunters » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:59 am

hi all. pick 12 was 6th kds. good luck to all. see you on 17th. mike

Cherokee Nation

Chicago League 3

Post by Cherokee Nation » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:35 pm

Hello,

Pick 3 was my 3rd choice. Good Luck

Lance
Remember the Constitution and the freedoms we used to have

Cooperstown

Chicago League 3

Post by Cooperstown » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:33 am

Headhunters, I'm right in front of you at pick 11, which was my 8th choice.

See you Saturday and no swearing when I take your pick.

Jace Anders

Chicago League 3

Post by Jace Anders » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:42 pm

Fellas,

Pick 15 checking in...dont know what to think about it. I guess we will have to wait and see. See you in Chi Town.

Jace

headhunters

Chicago League 3

Post by headhunters » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:58 am

coop- played against you in a satellite last year. kds 11 right after 12. buyers remorse. i think the guy i wanted in round 2 is gonna be gone- and i think you will take the guy i was hoping to fall. good news is i like a lot of players down there- so should get 2. no swearing- but i think you will take a few. mike

headhunters

Chicago League 3

Post by headhunters » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:06 am

good luck to all. coop- check your messages. mike

Cherokee Nation

Chicago League 3

Post by Cherokee Nation » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:00 am

That was fun ! A nice, slow draft, great competition, still drafting 30 minutes after the rest of the room had departed. That was the most fun I've had at one of these to date, even with teams 1 & 11 sniping the top of our list the whole draft.

Last year the Chicago division I got to participate in came within a couple of points of being the best overall division in the NFBC. After that draft I'm expecting similar this season.

It's too bad the NFBC doesn't pop for a prize for the members of the most competitive division, $ 100 a team, keeping all of the teams in 10-15th place playing their teams the whole season.

Fun draft. Looking forward to a really good season. Thanks
Remember the Constitution and the freedoms we used to have

Cooperstown

Chicago League 3

Post by Cooperstown » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:23 pm

If anyone wants to see the 4 chicago draft boards, pm me your email and I'll send you the pictures.

Chicago 3 is a very competitive league. I can't wait to see how it shakes it out. First FAAB ought to be a doozy.

rkulaski

Chicago League 3

Post by rkulaski » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:33 pm

Cooperstown,

I sent you a pm to get the pics of the 4 draft boards. Thanks for taking the pictures. I didn't think to do that.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Less than Dave

Chicago League 3

Post by Less than Dave » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:33 pm

So what does everyone think of the draft? Personally for me, this being my first NFBC appearance (though I am no stranger to fantasy drafts) I was a bit surprised by the closer and catcher runs.. although I really shouldn't have been. I relied too much on mockdraftcentral's mock drafts of NFBC participants (not that I assumed it would be exactly like this, but just as a general model) where there were no runs on those positions and some guys went way earlier in the mocks (like premium setup men and rookies) than they ended up going in the actual live draft. I ended up doing fine on closers (Wagner, F. Cordero, and Dotel), but I was flustered that McCann wasn't there in the 4th round (thus I ended up with Chris Coste, who I'm pretty sure isn't even starting.. I wasn't prepared well enough on catchers).. I was PUMPED that one of Utley/Beltran was there for me at the 10th pick.. I would have preferred Utley, but Beltran was a top 5 pick for me.. my next option would have been Miggy. Holliday was a great 2nd round pick, I was very excited to get him...I got Furcal at the end of the SS run and Wagner at the end of the elite closer run so I was happy with those.. and I picked Fielder right in front of Coop (sorry!) as he was the last premium hitter I saw at that point. I targeted Alou, Shealy, and Garza as I think they are 3 of the best values in the draft so I was excited to get them. Never thought I could possibly get Gordon with how highly people valued him, but was very happy about that as well.. Encarnacion in the 13th was a bonus. Kent in the 10th was a great value pick, we'll see what Sosa and Guillen can bring me, but I like them a lot, especially in the 20's. Now if Cabrera, Capuano, Hill, Sabathia, and Garza can hold down the fort I think I will be in business... how do you all think you did? Any missed picks? The only one I really wanted was McCann, but I wasn't about to take him in the 3rd round so that's ok. Sorry for the long post.

Jace Anders

Chicago League 3

Post by Jace Anders » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:20 pm

Good draft fellas...we were surprised to get Vlad at #15. I had not seen him that low in many of the drafts I did or saw. Looking forward to the season.