Chicago League 1

Greg Ambrosius

Chicago League 1

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:01 am

The Chicago main event will be held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center on Saturday, March 17th starting at 1 p.m. EST (noon CST). Please be on time as all drafts will start exactly at the top of the hour. Here is the draft order for Chicago League 1:

CHICAGO LEAGUE 1

1. Michael Kleemann

2. Aaron Seefeldt

3. Win Murray

4. Stephen McCaleb

5. Steve Kraut

6. Paul Weber

7. Terry Haney

8. David Van Der Stuyf

9. Charles Gillespie

10. Doug Lukas

11. Kevin Kirves

12. William Jansons

13. Tim Short

14. Emo Bonaminio

15. Steven Tavoso
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gerry ScottoDiMarco

Chicago League 1

Post by Gerry ScottoDiMarco » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:14 am

Aaron, you must be loving that 2nd pick, especially if you stick to your usual strategy...

Good Luck!

Vander

Chicago League 1

Post by Vander » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:14 am

Please disregard anything I said about the kdses being wrong. I screwed mine up. I aparently can't read and that was the problem. I'm sorry for the ripple affect it may have had on moving others out of where they wanted to be also. I will try to keep my big mouth shut in the future. A monumental task.

Diamond Dogs

Chicago League 1

Post by Diamond Dogs » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:06 am

Curious what everyone in Chi 1 thinks of the team selections/draft choices/team strength(s)/Bad Picks/Great Picks etc.

Just trying to promote some interaction amongst the league participants and get this forum off the ground before the start of the season.

In general I thought Chi 1 was a very prepared group of drafters and knew what they looking for during the draft although I saw many looks of frustration as many players went way earlier than anyone probably expected.

IMO- Fantology, Team Gillespie and DiamondDogs look to have an edge on the power numbers while

Dixie Walkers, Lucky 13 and River Rats may have the speed/runs edge. BA looks to be up in the air between about half the field.

A few teams look very balanced while others really loaded up on one or the other, we'll see how certain strategies play out as the season goes on.

Other thoughts???

Good luck to all, should be a fun league this year. Great drafting with all you guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 64 | From: Eastpointe MI | Registered: Dec 2004 | IP: Logged

Vander

Member # 496

Member Rated:

posted March 24, 2007 09:29 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You stole lots of guys from me. D. Lee was the worst. I was really expecting him as my second pick. I almost got lucky getting Nathan in 4, but you put a stop to that too. later Laird, Delucci, Garza, Loewan, German were guys I wanted. I'll see what I can come with later. Agree it's too long before the season starts.

Posts: 341 | From: Willow springs, IL | Registered: Jan 2006 | IP: Logged

rotatorcff

Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted March 25, 2007 02:59 PM

Diamond,

I pretty much agree with your assessment. Well prepared group, a few surprises but not a ton. This is my 3rd year ... I probably lost more guys within 2-3 picks of my selection this year than the first two combined. I hope I was able to return the favor at least once or twice.

I wound up with a more balanced team (Cane Rats), I think. I agree with your analysis of my situation ... lots of SB and runs (health willing) and I think we project very well in BA as well. Power is middle of the pack at best unless a few of my guys can hit their upside.

Pitching as always is a crapshoot. I haven't spent much time figuring out who's going to win this thing and seldom do. It's just too early. Guys are already dropping like flies around the league, and so much hinges on in-season moves that I think we play with the numbers to help kill time before the season starts.

Anyway, should be a tough league. It's awfully tough to win the $100K at the draft table (more can always be done) but it's easy enough to lose it. I think a lot of our owners have reason to be optimistic. From there, a little good luck wouldn't hurt.

SK

Posts: 45 | From: Antioch, IL | Registered: Mar 2004 | IP: Logged