Las Vegas NFBC League #1

BONGIZMO

Las Vegas NFBC League #1

Post by BONGIZMO » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:37 pm

You're right on the Gagne grab, I let him go at 18 with the hope he'd keep sliding allowing me to grab my target which was Foulke so we both made out there. I will say your spot was more enviable as you were assured a top 5 stud and grabbed a top closer too which was impressive. I was really surprised where the likes of Mulder and Zito fell in both contests this year so felt I got quality on that pick. The only pick I truly felt unsettled about was Walker, hoped his workout regimen would keep him healthy but alas that was not the case... :(

I have a number of 5 category and 4 category guys so I feel balanced although many of the names some people may not agree with.

My favs were D Lee, Rolen, Ensberg and Stewert on the hitting side with my concerns being Walker, Rollins and Dye...

This will be a blast and no matter what you live in Vegas so we'll envy you no matter where you finish... :D
Never do card tricks for the people you play Poker with...

Nevadaman

Las Vegas NFBC League #1

Post by Nevadaman » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:51 pm

I think D Lee will come up big for you. Getting Pedro at #13 was nice also. I'm not sure I would have had the stones to draft Ensberg in the 5th round (as your 3rd Corner) since you didn't have any middle infielders yet at that point! Bold move, but we'll have to see how that plays out. Just hope Jimy the moron doesn't bat him 7th!

SoonerC

Las Vegas NFBC League #1

Post by SoonerC » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:02 pm

Bongizmo, I may come play the football league as well as I enjoy football also but I don't know. I'm already scheduled to come back to Vegas in July and October and that's a lot of gambling. It will probably hinge on how I do at the tables in July. I am pretty happy with my team at this point also but I wish I had gotten R Wagner to back up Graves. If Graves can keep the job though I think I can field a pretty balanced team that should be competitive.

JT the Buffmeister

Las Vegas NFBC League #1

Post by JT the Buffmeister » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:09 pm

Boys - BONGIZMO just took us up on the free entry plus $50 offer for Sports Buff's Mr. Fantasy Baseball contest. I was #12 in the league and we donated the bobbles. Make sure you compete against me, Coach B, BONGIZMO, and a ton of others from the NFBC.

Our contest will cost you at most $100 or so after the free entry and $50 credit we're putting up. The top 4 head back to Las Vegas on us in October for our VIP post-season event... with each 30-team league winner winning $300 and Mr. Fantasy Baseball taking home the trophy and $15K. Great payoff for a minimal investment.

Email [email protected] with your address and a preferred team name and we'll set you up. We've been around since 1993, so I promise you'll have a great time and want to come back.

Good luck to everyone! JT

(Man, I'm hoping our reach for Crawford early will pay off!!!!!)
www.SportsBuff.com
Who will be Mr. Fantasy Baseball 2006?

BONGIZMO

Las Vegas NFBC League #1

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:04 am

Hey Buff, I don't believe I signed any disclaimer allowing release of the copyright protected BONGIZMO handle... ;)

How in the hell did we have an expert in our midst?! :eek: You purposely flew under the radar I see...lol. Makes me feel smarter knowing I grabbed a couple folks you had your eyes on....ummm, well at least if we both are making a competitive run for the title that is... :D

JT the Buffmeister

Las Vegas NFBC League #1

Post by JT the Buffmeister » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:14 am

Check-out a Draft Recap our http://sportsbuff.com/journal/

And, I'm a contest guy, not a content guy. We have "Sports Reporters Leagues" on our sites instead of "Experts Leagues" signaling that we understand that our customers are the experts. We're just along for the ride.

JT
www.SportsBuff.com
Who will be Mr. Fantasy Baseball 2006?

BONGIZMO

Las Vegas NFBC League #1

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:42 am

JT, I do believe ya have a career in Sales... ;)

BONGIZMO

Las Vegas NFBC League #1

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:50 am

At long last we can truly let the games begin...good luck to y'all!