JUNK

DOUGHBOYS

JUNK

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:00 am

A podder said that he wished Joey Gallo could hit .270
Yeah, and we all wish for more manhood too, but that ain't gonna happen.
The point is to appreciate what players DO offer.
Gallo may lead baseball in homers this year.
Still, podcasters and the like, ask for more.
Adan Dunn was never appreciated by most of these groups either.
NFBC Drafters knew Dunn as a batting average deterrent, but hit a bankable 40 homers every year.
We didn't ask for more. We asked for what was expected.
You keep on swinging and missing five or six hundred times, Joey, just connect 45 times, ok?
We're happy.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

By the way, Joey Gallo has become the first player in Major League history to hit 50 home runs before he hit 50 singles.
Screw batting average!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I was watching Alex Avila struggle at the plate the other day.
Made me wonder if Arizona has ever had a good catcher.
I went back and looked.
Miguel Montero is probably the best they have to offer.
That answered my question.
No, they've never had a good catcher.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If Clayton Kershaw were not so good, most would think he looks like a dork on the mound....

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dee Gordon- .307/11/1/5/9
Trea Turner- .247/9/1/4/8

Turner's adp was supported by a power outburst two years ago.
Does it come back or did his owners get Dee Gordon in disguise?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If we were to begin drafts today....

Jose Berrios would be a second or third round choice

Patrick Corbin would go just a couple of rounds later

Luis Castillo would change places with Corbin

Kenley Jansen would not be the first Closer selected

Mookie Betts would go first or second in every draft

Tim Anderson would be in the top 10 rounds

Jed Lowrie would not be an after thought

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

When the only roto category Francisco Cervelli trails Buster Posey in is stolen bases, we know it's still early.
At least, we hope.....

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Buck up Willson Contreras owners.
He has two April homers in his career

I was yelling at the San Diego Mgr for letting a pitcher with a history of arm problems come out for the eighth inning last night.
Just stupid.
Who is the parent here?
We'll see how Tyson Ross performs in the future.....

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Speaking of Management trying to be a player's best friend instead of, you know, doing what is best for the team...
Why did the Orioles grant Manny Machado's request of playing shortstop?
Tim Beckham is a BAD third baseman.
Machado an average shortstop, but a wonderful third baseman.
With no hopes of re-signing Machado, it just doesn't make sense from a winning point of view.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

An announcer states, "He laid down a perfect bunt" only to get thrown out.
Nobody has ever been thrown out on a 'perfect bunt'.

An analyst stated that lefties do not have time to practice bunts to beat the shift.
WHAT?!
They don't have time to get hits for their team?
Isn't that their job?
Wow.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

DOUGHBOYS

Re: JUNK

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:40 am

Can I take a minute to just say some bad write-ups from RotoWorld keep coming.
And Dave, I know they are not yours :D

Here is one from last night that I almost choked on.....

'Ender Inciarte went 2-for-5 with a game-winning RBI drag bunt and a stolen base against the Mets on Saturday.

Inciarte played inconsistently for most of the game, picking up steal No. 7 on the year, while also committing a fielding error and once being caught stealing. All is forgiven, though, as he came through against Jeurys Familia via a drag bunt up the first base line to score Johan Camargo from third with the contest tied at 3-3 in the ninth inning. Game over, man. Consider it a mixed-bag performance with a happy ending. Inciarte has the speed for 20-plus steals this season, though he offers little in the way of power.

They are called 'RotoWorld, right?
I equate that to mean that they are mostly for the four or five roto leagues, while still being of interests to points leagues.
That said, most of us could give a rat's ass that Inciarte committed an error.
We only care about fielding if a bad glove is going to lead our player to the bench/
Inciarte is one of the best Center Fielders in baseball.

HE WAS 2-5 WITH A STEAL AND RBI.
That is the lead!
He has seven stolen bases. Seven!
He is well on his way to topping a career high and this writer settles for the mundane 'has the speed for 20-plus steals'...
'And 'He offers little in the way of power'...
NO SHIT?
He hit 11 dingers last year and his drafters were happy. We didn't draft him for power and you, Mr. Duh Writer, should know that.
Inciarte went 2-5 with a steal and rbi and you call it a 'mixed bag'.
THAT, that is victory for the night.
Inciarte contributed in three categories, we didn't draft him for home runs, and we know he'll excel in the fifth category of scoring runs.
There is no mixed bag here.
Just smiles from Inciarte owners.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!