Us

DOUGHBOYS

Us

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 am

If any player has a two game set on Tuesday and Wednesday only, and we bench him specifically because of that reason, he will play darned well those two games...
For instance, that A's-Dodgers game with all the 16-6 offensive stats?
Those only come with two game sets....

As fantasy players, we rats ass most bullpens. Until our pitcher leaves with a one run lead....
THEN, we are riveted....

Ever found a $20 bill in an old pair of pants?
The same feeling as looking at a late west coast box score the next morning to see your player hit a grand salami.....

Full range of emotions for us without anything really happening for the normal fan....
Runners on first and second with two outs, our hitter up....
Ball one...Good we're ahead in the count.
Ball two...Awesome, hit this cripple pitch!
Ball three and a wild pitch, runners moved up, just a single gives us to rbi!
Intentional walk...YOU BASTARDS!

Sometimes, we want our pitcher taken out of the game.
He is killing our peripherals!
Manager, don't you see he is killing our peripherals!
"He has given up seven runs in four and 1/3 innings, get him out!"
However, the rant is different if his team has already scored 10 runs and our pitcher is ahead in the fifth.
Then it is, "C'mon, he can get just two more outs, leave him in!"

Isn't it special one of the players from our teams robs another player from our team of a home run.
That was rhetorical.

What is wrong with a one out Save when it's our guy doing the saving?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Offensive players, if you HAVE to get hurt, can you make it on a Thursday or Sunday, please?
Thank you.

Pitchers, you're not allowed to get hurt.

Most of us fantasy folk are law abiding and don't endorse folks 'getting away' with breaking the law.
However, if you're on our team and taking an illegal substance, we're rooting for you to get away with it...
At least till next year when you're on another team...

SACRIFICE!?
With our player up?
What the Hell are you thinking?

Speaking of sacrifices, this real conversation between two Nationals fans, one of those fans a diehard Nationals fan, the other a Trea Turner owning Nationals fan...

Fan: "Ok, tied in the bottom of the ninth and we've got a runner on first with Turner up. I hope they sacrifice."

Trea Turner owner: "No! Let him hit. The worst he could do is probably ground into a fielders choice."

Fan: "So, you know a sac is probably the right thing to do to get the winning run on second base, but screw the Nats?!"

Trea Turner Fan: "Look, if Turner grounds into a fielders choice, he steals second and the Nats have a better base runner on.
Who knows? He could steal third too!"

Fan: "Fantasy baseball has turned you into a moron."

Trea Turner Fan: "It all seems logical to me"

The result was a pop out be Turner. Neither fan, happy.

The only time we hear the word, 'donnybrook' is during a baseball fight.
Makes me think that the word describes, 'angry people who miss punches'.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

headhunters

Re: Us

Post by headhunters » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:45 am

dan- you are a baseball guy. what is that computer in washington telling the manager in washington to pitch scherzer and strasberg back to back? i mean for 50 years they would have a lefty between them- gonzalez or a soft tosser between them - roark. just seems wrong to me. and to add to your post- how come all my pitchers pitch on the road- against kershaw, kluber, sale sherzer and syndegard?

DOUGHBOYS

Re: Us

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:54 am

Managers have changed their job description, Mike.
No longer are they trying to outsmart the other Manager.
Now, they use analytics to often outsmart themselves.
They are also an adult babysitter.
Doing something like putting a soft-tosser between Scherzer and Strasburg may hurt Strasburg's feelings that he is the secondary ace.
Now, to a Manager, a players feelings come well before strategy or winning a game.
He would have to talk (get Strasburg's permission) with Strasburg for that to happen.
Remember when Managers were the boss on the field? Ah, those were the days.... :D

As for your pitchers facing aces on the road...that is the Fantasy Gods having a good laugh at your expense...
Stupid Fantasy Gods....
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!