Life and Death

DOUGHBOYS

Life and Death

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:51 pm

There is a reverence we have to use for dead people. I think it is because in a small way, we all have that fear of death.
The unknown and all that.
To a degree, I am that way in real life.
If a famous fellow like Don Drysdale or Chuck Berry dies, I'll say, "Ah, too bad." And a little video plays in my mind of what they did best.
If a relative or friend, we grieve in our own way.
Life is not fair. And death is worse.
Johnny Carson once said, "If life really were fair, Elvis would be alive and every Elvis impersonator would be dead."

As for fantasy life, death is a pain in the ass. We're selfish in our fantasy lives. These players can die on their own time.
And in their own place. Leave our time and place alone!
Rappers and artists are always 'better' after dying.
NOT baseball players.
They truly lose all 'value'.
Yet, there they are.
In our draft room.
Remove Jose Fernandez and Yordano Ventura in draft rooms!
Draft rooms are not built for dead players. The draft room is a foundation of hopes and dreams.
Sobbers, go find 'Obits.com if wanting a good cry.
We don't even want players that are 'fantasy dead'.
Alex Reyes doesn't belong in any draft room. Neither does David Ortiz.

The NFBC has never had 'the power' to remove these names from their draft rooms.
A 'delete' button, way above an NFBC IT employees intellect or pay grade.
Maybe with the move to SportsHub, we will actually see this sophisticated technology.
STATS programmers were smart enough to have an auto1 feature.
Auto2 must be twice as hard.
They gave up.
I poke fun at the programmers, but it is probably good that they don't fiddle much with the draft room.
If asking a programmer, between Fernandez, Ventura, and Reyes, "which one is still actually alive?"
I would bet they would answer, "Who are Fernandez, Ventura, and Reyes?"

What the NFBC needs when moving to SportsHub, are programmers who are into our game as much as programming.
Somebody who knows a bullwhip from a pitchers WHIP.
Somebody who hates WAR as much as I hate WAR, but doesn't think I'm talking about the MidEast.
In short, somebody who first KNOWS that one of the players is dead, and second, takes the right steps to remove him from our game.
It doesn't seem that difficult.
It just doesn't seem that difficult at all.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!