Junk

DOUGHBOYS

Junk

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:12 pm

I saw that Willie Harris and Miguel Cairo each had a stolen base the other day.
Dusty Baker has truly made Cincy a place where old utility players go to die.
Omar Vizquel at the trade deadline?

Somebody suggested to me that Zack Greinke could be traded to Boston or the Yankees (Why is it always Boston and the Yankees for rumors?) come deadline time. I can't pitcher Greinke throwing for either of them.
I see his head exploding at both places.
I think the Dodgers would be a great fit.
La La Land is perfect for Greinke. And the one-two punch of Kershaw and Greinke down the stretch and into the playoffs would be formidable.

I'm already ready for interleague to be over with.
The six game weeks for all teams, the pitching advantage of hardly being seen by the other team, and the novelty has worn off for me. Let's see some divisional matchups again!

In an about face, Mets ownership are now encouraging all their pitchers to climb Mt. Kilamanjaro during the off season.
That's not true, but after seeing what R.A. Dickey has done this year, it should be.

Somebody in Royals Management says that Eric Hosmer has hit at least 20 balls this year that he has been robbed on.
Uh huh, and some people just miss out on winning the lotto too.
What's your point?

What happens when your 'good and lucky' both run out at the same time?
Ask Ichiro.

Raise your hand if you thought Chris Davis batting average would be 70 points higher than RA Dickey's ERA before the season began.
Me neither.
If somebody had told me that, I would have surmised that Dickey would never throw a pitch this season giving him an 0.00 ERA, while Davis hit .070.
Who knew?

Hardy-Dickey matchup tonight.....

Carlos Santana is hitting sixth tonight.
He's a great 'hitter' for those that like their hitters drawing walks.
For those not inclined, he is merely Suzukian this year.

I got two spam e-mails overnight.
The first was from 'Michelle' with the subject 'I'm looking for a Sugar Daddy'.
The second was from 'A New Drug' with the subject 'We guaranty doubling the size of your peniss!'
If these two e-mailers are indeed from the same company or spam artists, it would be more amusing receiving the second one first, then the other.

Matt Cain pitches his first game since the Perfecto, tonight.
A drinking game for everybody-
A slug every time Johnny VanderMeer's name is mentioned.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!