On Sunday, Offense Rested...

DOUGHBOYS

On Sunday, Offense Rested...

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:09 pm

We've all had them. Those days where our players are terrible. Today, was one for me. Every time one of my hitters would come up with runners on, which was seldom, they'd make an out. I thought it was just me. It isn't.
I looked at the scores.
Shutouts, 2-1 games, most were low scoring games.
Only Texas (9), Pittsburgh (9), Boston (7), and Toronto (6) scored more than five runs Sunday.
The National League West has five teams. They scored five runs. Zero home runs. Paul Goldschmidt was the only rosterable NFBC NL West player to get a stolen base. Nice day for that division.

It wasn't just them though. On a day where every team played, there were only 92 runs scored yesterday. A day that included three extra inning games, two of them going 15 innings.
Only Pedro Alvarez had a superlative day, and he may have been benched by some teams because of his sucktivity (shuddup spell checker) lately.
Besides Alvarez, only 11 hitters had even multiple rbi days. and some of them were guys that are not startable like Yuni Betancourt and Ramon Santiago.

Starting pitchers only gave up 52 earned runs and came away with an ERA of 2.43
On average, pitching over six and a half innings and giving up less than two runs.
This included 20 dreaded 'quality starts'.

If feeling like you lost ground in home runs or stolen bases. It wasn't much.
There were only 19 home runs. Alvarez the only player with two.
Amazing in that besides Alvarez, the only players to have homers with runners on were base Rasmus, Hart, and Beltre.

If you like pitching duels or had multiple pitchers throwing on Sunday, it was most likely a good day.
On Father's Day Sunday, most hitters rested.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!