One Tulo 'Update' is Bad Enough...TuNo...

DOUGHBOYS

One Tulo 'Update' is Bad Enough...TuNo...

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:30 am

I read the blurbs. We have to. In our game it is the only way to keep up to date with the latest player injuries, transactions, or other activity. In the future, I think we'll get our info in another way but for now, we are stuck with what we got.
Worse than reading the blurbs, is reading the same blurbs again on our Boards. Sometimes, these are re-mentioned because they may not like a player like Tulowitzki and somehow take pleasure in his injury. Some feel they are 'updating' us an hour after we read the same thing. Maybe there are different reasons, I don't know.

Reading the blurbs is a necessary evil to me. And anything that is even part evil has to be mocked, which is why I do 'Roto Snips'.
In the future, these blurbs will probably have both a CNN Headline and Fox News slant to them. The CNN Headline News version will look like this:

2:43 Freeman not in Atlanta lineup (thumb)
2:45 Tulowitzki to see doctor in Philadelphia (sports hernia)
2:47 Hamilton hospitalized, out of lineup (virus)

And the Fox News version

Freddie Freeman has a lot of Kevin Youkilis in him!
First he can't see, now he has a boo boo on his thumb!
He's out of the lineup today after not playing the last two days. Put him in your NFBC lineup for the weekend only if stuck for a corner infielder

Here we go again!
Tulo is seeing a sports hernia expert. Tulo had an off season dedicated to strengthening his trunk and apparently it hasn't worked for this perma-injury prone player

Josh Hamilton is sick enough to be hospitalized. The last time YOU were sick enough to go to the hospital, did YOU feel like playing baseball?
Neither did I.
Take Hamilton out of your NFBC lineups for the weekend and we'll give you a heads up on Monday.

Having both of these in the future would be a bonus. What we have now, is sort of a mix of both.
They are doing us a service, which is obvious because we read the darned things, but it can be better.
Worse, again, is re-reading the same thing on the Boards.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!