Stuff and Junk

DOUGHBOYS

Stuff and Junk

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 am

These Boards have really gone dead....
Is anybody out there?
Anybody?
Well, just in case you are.....

Phillip Humber and Johan Santana have no hitters this year. Now, if I stopped there, that would be awfully ChiScottyish of me, right?
I can't do that....Even with these two no no's, Humber and Santana both combine for just five wins this year.
Humber follows in Francisco Liriano's footsteps of throwing a no-hitter and then being dropped in most leagues by the end of the year.

A knockoff slogan for players who look a little lethargic on the field and just as happy sitting as playing-
'Just Drew it!'....or 'JD it', for short.

What's wrong with a pitcher having a 2.55 ERA, a 1.01 WHIP, 4 W's, and 69 K's?
Nothing.
Unless you're Clayton Kershaw.
Kershaw was the first pitcher off most draft boards. Owners were looking for Kershaw to have a Sandy Koufax type of dominance this year. He won the triple crown of pitching categories last year, he'll have to go some to do that again.

And still, Kershaw looks like GOLD compared to what Lincecum owners are getting from their third rounder.
Lincecum has won two games and only gone beyond the sixth inning in three of his starts.
For those using the 'Two Aces' theory and picked Lincecum and Cliff Lee, those owners have two wins this year.

As a matter of fact, the top five pitchers by adp this year were:
Kershaw
Verlander
Halladay
Cl Lee
Lincecum
These top flight pitchers have just 15 wins between them. And relative to what other pitchers are doing, are not returning near their draft value.
Between RA Dickey and Lance Lynn, two 20something round draftees, they have more Wins (16) than those top 5 combined. AND, those owners are probably more comfortable throwing Dickey or Lynn than Lincecum right now.

What crashes worse?
Jeremy Guthrie on a bike?...
Or Jeremy Guthrie on a pitchers mound?

When radio broadcasters bitch and moan about the umpiring, they may as well hand their headphones to any fan sitting at the park.
The umpire's zone works for both pitchers. The pitchers and their teams adapt to the umpire's strike zone.
You should do the same.
Just describe the action, I don't want your opinions about ball/strike calls, I want to know what is going on, on the field. Fall back on the old school axiom, 'Say what you see, say not what you think'
Podium removed.
Thank you.

Derek Lowe has an amazing 3/1 k/w ratio. Yep, that is strike outs to wins ratio.
His teammate, closer Chris Perez, also has 20 strike outs.
240 pitchers have 20 strike outs.
Lowe has given up more earned runs than strike outs.
Still, only three pitchers have more Wins than Lowe.

Yu Darvish is the only pitcher in baseball to be in the top 10 in both Strike Outs and Walks.

A conversation after Darvish hits a single in an interleague game-
Yu's on first
Who?
Yu
I what?
Yu is on first
I am not
Yu is
I'm right here!
Yu got the hit against my fantasy pitcher. F--- Yu!
F--- you too!...

And the fists fly.........
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!