Junk

DOUGHBOYS

Junk

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:48 pm

You know the drill-
Stuff is facts.
Junk is opinion.
This, is a lot of junk....

Say what you want about Brandon Inge, but at the least in a Tiger uniform, he looked like a ball player.
The clown's suit that the A's call a uniform makes most of their players look like Bobo's.
Charlie Finley is dead and the 70's are gone.
Can somebody tell the A's?

I've seen some crazy splits, but check these out-
Ervin Santana has a 1.42 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, and .186 baa in even innings...
In odd innings, he has a 8.00 ERA, 1.66 WHIP, and .282 BAA....
As a fantasy owner, how can this help us?
It can't.
It can only serve to frustrate Santana owners.
By the way, last night, one run in the first, two runs in the third, and four runs and out of the game in the fifth.
With Santana's compulsion to pitch well in the even innings, the Angels may have lost a starter, but gained a terrific set-up man.

Whenever Justin Smoak follows Kyle Seager in the lineup or vice versa, I get a kick out of it.

Scott Feldman is looking like Marty Feldman.
You know....Young Frankenstein....Bulging eyes.....Forget it....

A word to the Phillies broadcasters who talked of nothing but an umpire's small strike zone, THE WHOLE FREAKIN' BROADCAST!
WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Mike Trout really does remind me of Mickey Mantle.
He's got that big country boy face and smile. He glides around the field, looking like he's going three quarters speed, and passing everybody easily.
Mantle had more strength at this age, but Mantle was a plow boy before hitting the Major League scene.
Trout is more polished and is more field aware than Mantle at this age.
In less than two years, the third hitter in the lineup that the Angels paid nine figures for, will be following Trout in that lineup.

In one of my Main Drafts, I took the last available closer.
Matt Capps.
Capps isn't a Closer. We all know he's not a closer. But, despite it all, he is a Closer.
Capps was probably stuffed in a locker and called Fatty Matty McButterball when he was a kid.
And here he is, one of the last closers to stick it out this season. Still with a gig.
It is only in our game that the most dominating pitcher in baseball, Aroldis Chapman, can be fantasy irrelevant for a month, while Capps gets a recent call up from the minors out last night and gets credit for a save.
You would think after drafting Capps, that I would be happy with his outcomes. It's tough.
Capps is the ugly car that putters, but doesn't break down.
You can't trade it in.
You can't sell it.
It's just yours.
And we're just happy that it still works.

I hate myself.
I bid a lot of money on Campana in a league.
Is there a more one-dimensional player than Campana?
Thankfully, somebody was more stupid than I and bid even more on Campana.
I still feel dirty.

If Jason Vargas pitched for a real team, he would get more props. Vargas is a little beyond crafty. A lot less than a fireballer. He's Pettitteresque.
Don't try to say it.

Ball Girls should all be ball girls.
Old men should not be Ball Girls.
That coming from an old man.

The worst looking 'older' park on tv? Tampa.
The worst looking 'newer' park on tv? Miami.
Is it me or Florida?

Joe Saunders is Zack Duke.
If benched, he pitches well. If starting, no.

I don't think Jayson Heyward is ever going to be a big star.
He's Delmonesque in his career track. We don't know why it happens.
My personal feeling is that guys loaded with talent like Heyward cannot put their athletic abilities together with a good mental make up.
They succeed on sheer talent for so long that they do not need the mental approach until they reach the Majors.
For some, that's too late.

An age old problem in baseball is rearing its ugly head.
Younger players losing focus.
Starlin Castro thinks there are already two outs on an important double play ball.
Pablo Sandoval has way too many Doritos Tacos while rehabbing.
They make the money no matter what.
It's 'Prom Disease'.
They're going to Prom with the prettiest girl. To them, the Prom becomes more of an afterthought, the easy part, the focus is on what happens with the pretty girl later.

If you object or didn't like what was written....don't sweat it.
It's only Junk.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!