Stuff and Junk

DOUGHBOYS

Stuff and Junk

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu May 24, 2012 10:27 am

For those saying that Ryan Braun would be effected by his off season, think again...
.323/31/12/31/9
With his next stolen base, Braun becomes the first player to double-double the hr/sb categories.
It also serves to show how extraordinary Josh Hamilton has been.
Hamilton has 83 rbi/runs...Nobody else has even 70.

I gauge a good leadoff hitter by his ab/runs. If he walks a lot, all the better for his ratio....
Good leadoff hitters this year like Kinsler, DeAza, and Furcal will all be below 6/1
Dee Gordon is 9/1, so is Jemile Weeks.
Gordon's ratio was done with Mr. April hitting behind him. Not good.
That wasn't meant as a slur to Kemp, he simply was Mr. April this year.

When a player steals more bases than scoring runs, is he really helping his team with those stolen bases?
Sure, he's helping fantasy teams. Well, not now because Emilio Bonifacio is hurt.
Bonifacio has stolen 20 bases and scored 19 runs. A judy in every sense, he has zero home runs and only six rbi. Hitting .268, he is of only help in one category. And he can do that by playing several positions. Again, is that good or bad? I haven't figured it out.

Nobody on our Boards or in the national media has been as talked about or hyped as Bryce Harper. For every stolen base (2) or homer (2) there is somebody writing how good he is gonna be.
There are two trains of thought with Harper and all rookies.
One, is that the more pitches they see at the Major League level, the more accustomed and comfortable he will be as a hitter.
Or two, his at bats on video, pitchers and pitching coaches exploit the weaknesses in his swing.
Actually, both occur. And one side usually wins out.
Harper has held his own at the Big Level. No more, no less, despite folks saying he is SuperMan and despite folks calling him Clark Kent.
At 19, holding your own at that level is pretty darned good, no matter what you're calling him.

By the way, teammate Xavier Nady has three homers, one more than Harper. Not once, did somebody say, "LOOK! NADY JUST HOMERED! That has happened every time (2) Harper has homered.
But, Harper does have as many homers as Ryan Zimmerman (2) So there is that....

JJ Hardy's nine homers have produced 11 rbi.....

How bad have the Yankees been hitting with men on base this year?
I go back to leadoff men and their ab/runs ratio.
Derek Jeter has had a wonderful start to his season, but his owners have not reaped the full benefits.
Jeter has only 25 runs, almost an 8/1 ratio. A case where the leadoff man has done everything he can, but Mr.'s Teixeira, Cano, and Rodriguez have let him down.
The Yankees leading rbi man is further down the lineup. Raul Ibanez leads with 27.
Curtis Granderson has 25 rbi. But, 14 of those were hitting himself in on home runs.

I don't care much about strike outs when it comes to fantasy baseball. Most free swingers have more strike outs. It's a trade off for the power, right?
However, I do have a gauge I use to determine if somebody should be playing every day because of strike outs.
If a player has more strike outs than total bases this far into the year, something should be done with that player. Either a benching, disabled list, or the minors would help him AND his team.
Rickie Weeks and Ike Davis need to be dealt with in one of these manners....
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!