Fun with RotoWorld

DOUGHBOYS

Fun with RotoWorld

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed May 16, 2012 8:38 am

'Chad Billingsley was singled to death giving up five singles to start the fifth inning......Some of the blame goes to Manager Don Mattingly, who put a terrible outfield defense behind Billingsley......'

It is stuff like this that makes me a repeat offender in reading RotoWorld stuff. RotoWorld has a special attachment to some players. Maybe Billingsley is in their league. Giving up singles is a fantasy equivalent of death by paper cuts for his owners.
The angst permeates the write up.
Blaming the Manager is the whipped cream on top of the pancake.

Each year, I try to cipher who is on this RotoWorld fantasy fantasy team.
Billingsley, for sure
Brandon Belt is surely a member.
Well, all his owners are probably calling him a member too. But, I digress.
Belt is RotoWorld's proverbial backup quarterback. Screaming for him to get in the game when benched. Quiet as a titmouse when playing. And I don't know what a titmouse is, but I like seeing it in print.
Titmouse.
Good stuff.

It's tough for RotoWorld to admit mistakes too, adding to the hilarity. They projected Daniel Descalso as the Cards second basemen.
After extolling the virtues of Tyler Greene's three for three day yesterday, here is how they ended the write-up-

'Daniel Descalso still looks like the better bet to us, but he's hitting .206 and hasn't started in a week'

Now THAT, is comedy!

The 'let's cover our ass' write ups are swell too-

'Alfonso Soriano hit his first homer yesterday.
Since he doesn't contribute defensively or on the base paths, he simply has to hit for power to be useful.
MAYBE IT'LL COME AROUND THOUGH....'

And like Wayne has already stated, the stray Hot Stuff on Stephen Strasburg's sensitive skin is genius.
Almost as if they don't know how it could have gotten there.
Maybe the Nats should hire a cup adjusting 'fluffer' for Strasburg.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Edwards Kings

Re: Fun with RotoWorld

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed May 16, 2012 9:17 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Maybe the Nats should hire a cup adjusting 'fluffer' for Strasburg.
He is so valuable to their organization, they are already holding tryouts...

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer