Protocol For NFBC Online Championship Drafts

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:10 am

Over an eight day period, the NFBC will host 50 online drafts for our debut Online Championship. With that in mind, I want everyone to understand the rules of the draft and what could happen if there are any problems during the draft. Here's exactly how the drafts will be dealt with:

1. We will delay the start of the draft if one or more owners aren't in the draft room on time. There are times when owners have the wrong username and password or have two accounts on MDC.com or something else, and it takes a little extra time to get that owner logged in. The NFBC will try to start every draft exactly on time, but realize that we do have the right to hold up the start of a draft for a few minutes while we get every owner in the draft room.

2. After doing everything we can to locate an owner who is not in the draft room, the NFBC will start the draft and use the auto-pick feature for that owner. We will use the MDC.com auto rankings until that owner shows up.

3. If an owner times out during one of their picks and it's because of a technical glitch, the NFBC does have the right to pause the draft and give that owner a new pick. We don't want an owner to have a player they did not intend to pick over a technical glitch (frozen computer, etc.). If another owner selects a player before the problem is noticed and the draft can be paused, that pick will be allowed and we'll fix the pick with the previous owner but not change the pick that was made by the following owner.

4. The NFBC can roll back to an owner who had an auto pick. This will be done at our discretion, but as pointed out above, no pick that was made after that owner will be taken away. We'll do what we can to help the affected owner but other owners shouldn't suffer in the process.

5. We ask that all owners have MDC's company phone number and the cell phone number that is located on the e-mail sent to everyone. Also click on the orange button on the web site if you have any problems at all. Geoff will stop the draft when you do that and get whatever problems you have solved.

6. We do not take any breaks during the online championship. Most drafts will be done in 2.5 hours, so plan accordingly.

7. BE EARLY FOR THE DRAFT. The draft room is open 20 minutes before we start, so there's no reason why everyone shouldn't be in the draft room at least five minutes before we start. Be on time and be ready to draft.

8. All owners must have a legal lineup by the end of the draft. If not, we will replace your final pick with the lowest ranked player at the position you failed to fill to start the season. Since there are no free agent pickups until after Week 1, this will really affect your Week 1 stats.

9. Know the NFBC player eligibility lists. We can't guarantee that all of MDC's player eligibility list is exactly like ours, so know ahead of time that Kendry Morales is UT-only and that Pablo Sandoval is 1B-only.

10. Have fun. This should be a great, great contest with a $40,000 grand prize waiting at the end, so enjoy. And good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:24 am

After years of drafting online my office has taken on subtle changes.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:57 am

Q - should've used a wide angle lens to get your water cooler in the shot.

[ March 26, 2009, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

spcohen74

Post by spcohen74 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:11 am

Greg,

I already have a MDC ID. Will I have a problem logging on for my upcoming drafts? If it helps I can send you send or post my ID. I would rather take care of any problems now instead of on draft day. My first draft is Sunday at 5 PM.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:16 am

Originally posted by spcohen74:

Greg,

I already have a MDC ID. Will I have a problem logging on for my upcoming drafts? If it helps I can send you send or post my ID. I would rather take care of any problems now instead of on draft day. My first draft is Sunday at 5 PM. If you already have an ID then that link will be there waiting for you. In fact, it might already be there. Go to DRAFTS and look for My Upcoming Drafts. That's where it will be located. Just click on that link and enter the draft room 20 minutes beforehand.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

spcohen74

Post by spcohen74 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks Greg. I'm really looking forward to this.

RedRum

Post by RedRum » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:37 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by spcohen74:

Greg,

I already have a MDC ID. Will I have a problem logging on for my upcoming drafts? If it helps I can send you send or post my ID. I would rather take care of any problems now instead of on draft day. My first draft is Sunday at 5 PM. If you already have an ID then that link will be there waiting for you. In fact, it might already be there. Go to DRAFTS and look for My Upcoming Drafts. That's where it will be located. Just click on that link and enter the draft room 20 minutes beforehand.
[/QUOTE]Mine is not setup yet....

Can you verify what ID they would have or what they use to verify
_ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 am

Originally posted by RedRum:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by spcohen74:

Greg,

[/QUOTE]Mine is not setup yet....

Can you verify what ID they would have or what they use to verify
[/QUOTE]I'm not sure who this is. Contact me via email at [email protected] and/or [email protected] and we'll get you all set up. You should have an account already with that team link for the draft.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

cfolson

Post by cfolson » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:43 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

5. We ask that all owners have MDC's company phone number and the cell phone number that is located on the e-mail sent to everyone.

Probably a good idea to send these out again. I'm not sure if I have such an e-mail in my box.

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:29 pm

You said to "know the NFBC player eligibility lists" because they might be different than MDC's eligibilit lists. Where can I find the NFBC player eligibility lists?

Rob B

Post by Rob B » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Now that was fun!
Let's Play Two!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:34 am

Originally posted by Rob B:

Now that was fun! Rob B in baseball!! I love it. :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

RedRum

Post by RedRum » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:37 am

Greg,

Im all set...

Everything went perfectly on MDC last night oh and every player In the middle and end game fell a few rds later to me so that worked out well too LOL ;)
_ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _