Bill Strickler Is Week 16 Online Championship Winner

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:22 am

Congratulations to Bill Strickler, whose team led the way in the Online Championship last week with 5,383 points.

Carlos Lee (.333-2-10), Adam Dunn (.400-1-7), Stephen Drew (.500, 10 runs) and Joey Votto (.391-3-5-2) led the way offensively. Tommy Hanson and Gavin Floyd combined for two wins and 26 strikeouts while J.P. Howell and Fernando Rodney combined for four saves to lead the pitching staff.

Congratulations again to Bill and good luck to everyone in the Online Championship this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:59 am

Way to go, Bill!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

DiamondKing

Post by DiamondKing » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:41 pm

Nice Job.Hellofa week,for a hellofa guy.
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:26 am

Bill Strickler has been getting the pitching all season long. What he was waiting for was a week where the hitting stepped up and delivered too.

He finally got his wish last week.

Carlos Lee (.333-2-10), Adam Dunn (.400-1-7), Stephen Drew (.500, 10 runs) and Joey Votto (.391-3-5-2) led the way offensively as Strickler’s team led the way in the Online Championship last week with 5,383 points. Tommy Hanson and Gavin Floyd combined for two wins and 26 strikeouts while J.P. Howell and Fernando Rodney combined for four saves to lead the pitching staff.

“Going into the draft, I wanted a well-balanced team,” Strickler said. “I drafted hitters with the first six picks and I wanted an ace and as it turned out, I have Beckett, Billingsley, Verlander and Cain to go along with Hansen and Jurjens.”

Strickler has hit on some key free agents as well, landing Marco Scutaro, Nyjer Morgan, Garret Jones and J.P. Howell.

Strickler lives in Holiday, FL with his wife Joyce and their golden re triever, Bernie. He is a die-hard Cleveland and Ohio State sports fan. He is a research director for Sunshine Research Inc.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:51 am

Well done Bill....all I need is 10 weeks just like your last week and maybe I can start competing in this thing......

Good luck the rest of the season.