Lindy Hinkelman Is Week 4 Online Championship Winner

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon May 04, 2009 3:08 am

Congratulations to Lindy Hinkelman, whose team finished first in the Online Championship last week with 5,167 points.

Carlos Pena (.346-3-7), Justin Upton (.346-2-7), Ryan Zimmerman (.375-3-6) and Curtis Granderson (.333-2-6) led the way offensively. Justin Verlander was outstanding on the mound, winning twice with 20 strikeouts while Trevor Hoffman notched three saves in three chances for the Brewers.

Congratulations again to Lindy and good luck to everyone in the Online Championship this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon May 04, 2009 3:59 am

Lindy:

Nice to see that your faith was rewarded in guys like Justin Upton and Justin Verlander!

Pretty cool to see you placed two of the top four teams last week as well. JUST-IN case a few people missed this, your son Gabe's entry "I've Got Wood" ran close to you for the week. Nice to see that The "Ole" Man has a leg up on his kid even if that team name is a source of embarrassment! ;)

Way to go Lindy and the Secret Weapon!

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon May 04, 2009 11:56 am

Congrats

KeShawn

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue May 05, 2009 1:57 am

Lindy Hinkleman is a rookie when it comes to the 12-team baseball format. But he has already shown that being a first timer isn’t going to deter him from potentially having a banner season.

Week 4 certainly was a highlight for Hinkleman as his team finished first in the Online Championship last week with 5,167 points.

Carlos Pena (.346-3-7), Justin Upton (.346-2-7), Ryan Zimmerman (.375-3-6) and Curtis Granderson (.333-2-6) led the way offensively. Justin Verlander was outstanding on the mound, winning twice with 20 strikeouts while Trevor Hoffman notched three saves in three chances for the Brewers.

“I just went about the draft similar to a 15 teamer.” Hinkleman said. “I was fortunate to have the first pick and took Pujols. At the turn at two and three I went for speed and some power in Phillips and Upton. Hopefully that gets better than it has been.

“I got an ace in Round 5 with Halladay and a top closer in Round 6 taking Nathan. I just followed that up favoring offense.”

The 56-year-old Hinkleman is a big fan of the Online Championship, calling it a “great addition for the NFBC.”

Hinkleman has been married for 34 years. He and his wife have four children – three boys and a girl. The youngest son, Gabe, went to Las Vegas with Hinkleman for the NFBC main event and enjoyed it so much he took his own team in the Online Championship.

Lindy is a hog farmer who lives in Greencreek, Idaho. And he offered a helpful tip to those worried about the spread of the Swine Flu.

“You can't get swine flu eating pork,” he said. “In fact, there is no documentation that you can get this particular strain of

swine flu from pigs. So enjoy all the pork you can eat.

“I would also like to mention a few other players. Ken Magner is the reason that I'm playing in the NFBC. He thought it would be fun to go to Vegas and draft teams. He was right. To share this week with The Main Event Week winner, Bob Mazur, is a special treat. That Spartacus guy is one cool cat.”
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue May 05, 2009 8:03 am

Congrats Lindy!

Sitting between you and Gabe, and Denver Dan made the draft an enjoyable one!

Get'em Mr. Enzyte!

[ May 05, 2009, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Catch

Post by Catch » Wed May 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Congrats Lindy (aka BEAVER in the CDM community) for being top hog, i mean, top dog of the 4th scoring period!