NFBC Champions Mock Draft On Tuesday

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:09 am

Just so everyone knows, we have assembled the 13 NFBC league champions from last year, one Auction League champion and one other high point finisher and will host an NFBC Champions Mock Draft on Tuesday, Dec. 28th on Mock Draft Central.com. We will post the results of that draft or have a link to it shortly after the draft for all to see. The results of the 23-round draft will also be published in our first issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine, which hits newsstands in late January.

Hopefully, this will really kick off the 2005 NFBC season. Here are the participants and the draft order:

1. Dave Cushard

2. Emmett Ruland

3. Ari Benjamin

4. Eddie Gillis

5. Eric Peden

6. Clark Olson

7. Karl Mische

8. Shawn Childs

9. Artie Rastelli

10. Terry Haney

11. Aaron Seefeldt

12. Stanley Kaye

13. Jeff Thomas

14. Joe Thelen

15. Stephen Jupinka

Good luck everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:22 pm

GREG IS IT POSSIBLE TO PUT THE NAMES OF THE TEAMS AND WHAT LEAGUES THEY CAME FROM NEXT TO THE NAMES. THE NAMES I DONT RECONIZE EXCEPT FOR ARTIE AND MYSELF.WITH THE TEAM NAMES I CAN IDENIFY WITH THEM.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:13 am

Dave Cushard was picked? How much did he pay you for that Greg? That sucks big time. Oh yeah DYV is good at that.

Leaderboard Sports

Post by Leaderboard Sports » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:25 pm

You see Walla you had to win your NFBC league last year to get on that list, that's why Cushard is on there and you are not. No one is interested in who the guys at the bottom of the leagues picked. People want to see who the good players will pick. Maybe next year.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:26 pm

Yeah, John, this mock draft contains the 13 NFBC League champions from last year, the lone Auction League champion who didn't also win a league title and our next highest total points finisher. Pretty select company from 2004, I might say. Everyone will have access to these results when they are done, so these guys aren't getting any advantage by competing. We'll also likely do another mock draft for our next Fantasy Sports Magazine issue and will be looking for 15 new "mockers." More details on that later.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Parnelli

Post by Parnelli » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:03 pm

Where can i find the result on the Dec28th mock draft?
Parnelli

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:45 am

Parnelli, shoot me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail the complete draft to you. Send to [email protected]. Let's get some auction leagues going in Chicago now, right?
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:37 am

Originally posted by Leaderboard Sports:

You see Walla you had to win your NFBC league last year to get on that list, that's why Cushard is on there and you are not. No one is interested in who the guys at the bottom of the leagues picked. People want to see who the good players will pick. Maybe next year. What? I won an NFBC league? Cool... wait, was that the $5k check? Ohhhhh....

Dyv
Just Some Guy

lawrm

Post by lawrm » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:01 am

thanks a lot greg, for helping with the logistics. as it was, we had i believe six league champs, and three (at least) top 12 overall finishers drafting last night, not to mention todd zola, perry van hook, jason pliml, tom k, and dave gawron.

we should have some fun stuff covering the draft coming up.

i watched and made notes, and tried to be ebulant but not distracting, which is tough.

it was very tough to watch the draft and not want to ask, "hmm, you picked cesar izturis now? why him and not cuddyer?" and other such banalities.

but, i will have my analysis up next tuesday on the site and greg will also have it for distribution.

lawr michaels
lawr m