Aaron Hill Now this kid can play

BaseballStrategies.Com

Post by BaseballStrategies.Com » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:48 pm

Between Hill and Morse, these two callups have maybe one and a half months combined MLB experince. But have already posted more hits than some guys get in an entire season. Thats right Hill is hitting .381 with 40 hits in 30 games with a OPS of .983! This guy is not only hot but he's on fire, and if he can only keep up a fraction of these numbers he's still going to make a run at the AL rookie of the year award. He's lpaying against a struggling Cabrera from the O's on Wed, so with these numbers tommorrows as good a day as any for him to put some wood on the ball and make things happen for Toronto.
Branden Moskwa
SanDiego Padres, Associate Scout
BaseballStrategies.com, Editor

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:02 am

Branden,

A few guys on here have some additional questions for you.

Do you think Morse will get playing time when Carlos Guillen gets healthy again in Seattle? You know Seattle manager Lou Pinella has always liked Guillen.

Thanks for the info on this Aaron Hill fella- I had no idea who he was. In fact I would bet most of the owners in this contest had absolutely no idea who he was until your valuable insights.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:56 am

I'm sure you've heard of him. He's from Arlen, Texas, his brother, Hank, sells propane there.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:47 am

I didnt realize carlos guillen was traded back to seattle.NO morse wouldnt start over guillen but over pokey reese or even lopez , why not.

Until morse cools down he's not sitting.

Yes i have him in the new york auction.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:40 am

Originally posted by eddiejag:

I didnt realize carlos guillen was traded back to seattle.NO morse wouldnt start over guillen but over pokey reese or even lopez , why not.

Until morse cools down he's not sitting.

Yes i have him in the new york auction. That is why you need spam like this to help you out. I will give you a hint too Pinella does not manage them anymore either everyone knows that is Bob Melvin............... By the way Hargrove sure does have the Indians playing well.

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:52 am

Well, I got lucky and picked up Hill as my 3rd try at replacing Nomar and have been psyched to date. He has almost single handedly raised my terrible BA.

Fingers crossed to keep it up

Chris

BaseballStrategies.Com

Post by BaseballStrategies.Com » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:46 pm

Actually I wasnt spamming this board at all, just wanted to give my thoughts and see what kind of feedback I got in responce. You're right about him playing infront of Reese and not Guillen, but if he keeps hitting, they are going to find a place for him in the lineup one way or another. Not likely that they will keep a bat like this out of thier lineup.

Branden Moskwa, San Diego Padres

Baseballstrategies.com
Branden Moskwa
SanDiego Padres, Associate Scout
BaseballStrategies.com, Editor

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:35 am

I have morse in my auction and was a nice pickup, nobody even bid that week, he cost me 22.

I am worried that they have been playing bloomquist more lately. I could really use him down the stretch as my middle man , i cut luis rivas.Aaron Hill i like a lot more , he can really hit , and should gain some power as he plays more. KOSKIE is right around the corner and someone will lose at bats. Maybe ADAMS.
EDWARD J GILLIS

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:32 am

A home run and a stolen base every 100 AB's for Hill and Morse. Are you the guy that scouted Sean Burroughs? :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:26 am

lol, trust me, for what is out there, he isn't so bad! I needed BA in a huge way. Fortunately, I was able to sit him during most of his recent BA fall...

Spy