keeper help

Cheesehead

keeper help

Post by Cheesehead » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:27 am

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum. I run 2 5 x 5 roto leagues in Wisconsin (AL only since 1991, NL only since 1995).

They are both keeper leagues (5 players). I'd like some advice from objective experts on my 5th player in the AL and my 4th and 5th in the NL.

In the AL I'm rock solid on 1.Manny Ramirez, 2.Alfonso Soriano, 3.Joe Nathan, 4.Mark Teixara. For my 5th my choices are: Jeremy Bonderman, Casey Blake, Joe Mauer, Kevin Mench and Garret Anderson.

In the NL my rock solids are 1.Mark Prior, 2.Adam Dunn. I'm pretty sure I should protect 3.Aramis Ramirez. My final 2 I have to choose from Carlos Zambrano, David Wright, Chris Carpenter, Lance Berkman and AJ Burnett.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dyv

keeper help

Post by Dyv » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:58 am

Originally posted by Cheesehead:

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum. I run 2 5 x 5 roto leagues in Wisconsin (AL only since 1991, NL only since 1995).

They are both keeper leagues (5 players). I'd like some advice from objective experts on my 5th player in the AL and my 4th and 5th in the NL.

In the AL I'm rock solid on 1.Manny Ramirez, 2.Alfonso Soriano, 3.Joe Nathan, 4.Mark Teixara. For my 5th my choices are: Jeremy Bonderman, Casey Blake, Joe Mauer, Kevin Mench and Garret Anderson.

In the NL my rock solids are 1.Mark Prior, 2.Adam Dunn. I'm pretty sure I should protect 3.Aramis Ramirez. My final 2 I have to choose from Carlos Zambrano, David Wright, Chris Carpenter, Lance Berkman and AJ Burnett.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Joe Mauer is a stone cold lock for your AL squad.

Zambrano and David Wright seem clear cut favorites for your NL powerhouse.
Just Some Guy

Edwards Kings

keeper help

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:49 am

I agree with Zambrano and Wright, but I would go with Mench for the AL. Mauer's knee is too balky...
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Bobby J

keeper help

Post by Bobby J » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:29 am

In the AL, Bonderman is a stud in the making, you have not protected any starting pitching

In the NL, Wright and Burnett. Zambrano seems to wear down in the 2nd half and a healthy Burnett could put you over the top

Just my opinion of course
Some Assembly Required

eddiejag

keeper help

Post by eddiejag » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:41 pm

NL I WOULD GO ZAMBRANO AND WRIGHT, BECAUSE THEY WOULD COST THE MOST . BUT I LOVE AJ BURNETT MAYBE YOU COULD GET HIM AT A POSSIBLE KEEPER PRICE FOR NEXT YEAR. A. L. MAUER OR BONDERMAN YOU COULD USE EITHER. THATS A TOUGH CALL, MAUER WOULD PROBABLY COST MORE.TAKE MAUER BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET BONDERMAN OR YOU LIVE TO REGRET IT. EDDIEJAG 2004 A.L. NEW YORK AUCTION CHAMP
EDWARD J GILLIS

bjoak

keeper help

Post by bjoak » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:41 pm

What a load of injury risks you've got there. Take Bonderman, Wright, Berkman (he'll get healthy soon enough; he'll remain one of the game's best hitters) and an apple a day if you want the doctor's opinion.

[ March 11, 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: bjoak ]
Chance favors the prepared mind.