The Mets Ink Jason Bay

Glenneration X

The Mets Ink Jason Bay

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:13 am

Take that Yanks & Phils!

Reyes, Wright, Beltran, Bay, Molina?, Delgado?.....starting to shape up as a pretty fearsome lineup.

Now lets find that #2 starter and we'll be set.

My early & completely unbiased prediction.....

Mets 2010 World Series Champion

Glenn

headhunters

The Mets Ink Jason Bay

Post by headhunters » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:25 am

they will need it with that pitching staff

Glenneration X

The Mets Ink Jason Bay

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:28 am

Originally posted by headhunters:

they will need it with that pitching staff I'm expecting big comeback years from John Maine, Mike Pelfrey, & of course....Ollie. :cool:

Glenn

Schwks

The Mets Ink Jason Bay

Post by Schwks » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:34 am

Who is catching, who is playing first and who is even available as a number 2...certainly noone in free agency. As a Mets fan, I would say that Bay makes us a slightly more entertaining also ran
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little

Schwks

The Mets Ink Jason Bay

Post by Schwks » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:11 am

Question about Bay...several of the reporting comments characterize him as slow. This belies the fact that he usually gets 10-15 sbs, and makes him more valuable as a fantasy player. DOes anyone know...is he slow or a poor fielder or both?
schwanks.blogspot.com

headhunters

The Mets Ink Jason Bay

Post by headhunters » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:22 am

you will get a chance to find out 162 times next year. doubt he is "slow"- but i don't think he is the best outfielder in the world. you can really tell which gm's are paying attention to defense and getting on base. boston had no problem paying 70 million for 400 ab's a year from jd drew- but weren't interested in 600 ab's from bay. kinda wish the white sox paid more attention to that- their outfield could be scary bad next year. btw- as mets fans don't you 2 want to puke when you read things like "reyes expected to be fully healthy by spring training" i mean- he might- but he had his hamstring operated on for crying out loud. doesn't someone just shout STOP IT!!! to the mets pr department?

Schwks

The Mets Ink Jason Bay

Post by Schwks » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:36 am

The entire Met organization makes me want to cry...from their PR, to the way they draft, and develop talent, to the only consistency being inconsistency. Nothing that this organization does makes sense...they are reactionary rather then strategist. Those who are drafting Reyes in first two rounds have seriously been sipping from the kool aid. Yeah maybe he gets back to 08 form, but Im not paying a second rounder to see if he does.
schwanks.blogspot.com