Deputy Ryan Braun

Edwards Kings

Deputy Ryan Braun

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:14 am

MLBlogs.com is reporting that Brewers' GM Doug Melvin decided to fire back at outfielder Ryan Braun on Monday one day after Braun commented that Melvin needed to make some changes with the team, specifically in the rotation. Melvin told the media on Monday that Braun's comments were "inappropriate" and "irresponsible", and he went on to say that he'd "be glad to have Ryan help if he wants to. I'll give him a badge and he can be my deputy."

And keeping with the Don Knotts them, let me introduce to you the Brewers new Deputy..

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

KJ Duke

Deputy Ryan Braun

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:44 am

Originally posted by Edwards Kings:

MLBlogs.com is reporting that Brewers' GM Doug Melvin decided to fire back at outfielder Ryan Braun on Monday one day after Braun commented that Melvin needed to make some changes with the team, specifically in the rotation. Melvin told the media on Monday that Braun's comments were "inappropriate" and "irresponsible", and he went on to say that he'd "be glad to have Ryan help if he wants to. I'll give him a badge and he can be my deputy."

And keeping with the Don Knotts them, let me introduce to you the Brewers new Deputy..

I could see Braun looking like that in another 30 years.

Chest Rockwell

Deputy Ryan Braun

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:20 am

I was at a Brewers game last summer. My client was friends with one of the guys from the PR staff for the Brew Crew. He went on for 10 minutes about what a nightmare Braun is for them to deal with. Said he had the worst attitude of any guy they have ever had by far. He said when they would go to Yost about it that he would just shrug his shoulders and say he treats me the same way.

I find guys like that have a very short shelf life once they are not stars anymore. In other words I do not see a Lenny Harris/Matt Stairs role for him late in his career......