Rookie Manager...

Damage Inc

Rookie Manager...

Post by Damage Inc » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:56 am

Hey what's up guys.

I'm a rookie manager and I would appreciate some feedback.

My perceived weaknesses are speed and having only one closer. (I may stick with one closer and follow gekko's thinking)

12th pick - NY 7

C- McCann

C- Navarro

1b- Berkman

2b- Utley

ss- Young, Michael

3b- Encarnacion

CI- Blalock

MI- Lowrie

Util- Butler

OF- Abreu

OF- Damon

OF- Cruz

OF- Lind

OF- Rivera, Juan

Shields

Cain

Garza

Jurrjens

Guthrie

Sonnanstine

Blanton

Reyes, ANthony

Francisco Cordero

Bench- Travis Buck, Chris Getz, Jordan Schafer

P's- Smoltz, Sean Gallagher, Isringhausen, Saito

Any comments would be much appreciated...Thanks!

Gordon Gekko II

Rookie Manager...

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:08 am

Since you mentioned my name, I guess I have to comment!

Pitching – got some guys I like, but also have some zero’s. The one closer strategy isn’t bad, if that ONE guy is a stud. Cordero is gett’n lit up like a Christmas tree this spring as he attempts to come back from injury. Very Risky.

Hitting – Counting on Rivera at OF could be very dangerous to your overall numbers. The guy is a part-timer. You are gonna get crushed on sb. Maybe only two or three league points. Batting avg looks to be pretty good. Probably shoulda traded some of that for a speed guy.

Overall – Team finishes middle of the pack. Wish I had better news to deliver to you.

Damage Inc

Rookie Manager...

Post by Damage Inc » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:13 am

There must be some mistake!

You saw that I have Getz and Isringhausen on the bench right?!?!?!

Seriously though, I understand I have issues with this team...

I am confident that the holes can be filled with FA's. Steals and Saves are easier to plug than avg and power IMO.

It's funny that you think my pitching is suspect...That was the one thing I like!

Oh well...to each his own.

Thanks for the reply.

Damage Inc

Rookie Manager...

Post by Damage Inc » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 am

And...

Everything I'm reading is that Rivera is a starter this year.

Is this incorrect?

Edwards Kings

Rookie Manager...

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:38 am

Originally posted by Damage Inc:

And...

Everything I'm reading is that Rivera is a starter this year.

Is this incorrect? Yes, I think he is. But what I am not sure of is how many AB he will get. Will be be the 450 AB starter or the 550 AB starter. As your fifth OFer, like most, that is to be expected. The closer he gets to 500 AB the happier you will be. Stating the obvious here, but I like Rivera. I am a bit higher than most on him. My only knock is he hits in the bottom third of the line-up with Howie as his only protection and Napoli (when healthy) clearing the bases ahead of him. Good luck!

[ March 24, 2009, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Edwards Kings ]
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Berkshire Juggernauts

Rookie Manager...

Post by Berkshire Juggernauts » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:50 am

Hey guys I drafted in your league out of the 6 spot, I have looked over the draft and to me this is one of the better teams in our league. I think there are about 4 teams that have a good shot at this league. I like your starting pitching but closers are harder to come by than you think but if you can scoop one up you could be in good shape Good Luck