All About Sheep for kids

Gordon Gekko

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:00 am

The sheep is an animal which has a thick coat of fleece on its body.

Gekko translation: The fantasy sheep is a person who plays fantasy sports, has a “full” wallet, and has problems thinking on their own.

Sheep move around in large groups called flocks. They graze on fresh grass.

Gekko translation: Fantasy sheep draft and manage according to fantasy magazines, “expert” opinions, fantasy services, hometown heroes, and peer pressure.

Every Spring, sheep are shorn. This means that their fleece is shaved off. Spring is chosen because it is no longer cold and therefore sheep can do without its fleece which it needs to keep warm in winter.

Gekko translation: Every spring, the fantasy sheep and Gekko draft their baseball teams. After the draft is over, it’s clear to all involved that Gekko will dominate. Spring is chosen because it is no longer cold and therefore the fantasy sheep can do lots of outdoor activities once they are out of the running.

Sheep have many natural enemies like coyotes, mountain lions, and wolves.

Gekko translation: It’s only a matter of time before Gekko and his colleagues get the loot.

Enjoy!

Balticsquids

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Balticsquids » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:31 am

you earned the right to talk **** in FF...........but i think even u will admit u have no clue come baseball ..........

Gordon Gekko

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:40 am

Originally posted by Balticsquids:

you earned the right to talk **** in FF...........but i think even u will admit u have no clue come baseball .......... you remember that at the end of the season. i know i will be in the money, most likely at the top of the leaderboard. anything worst than 10th overall will be a failure. of course if my first two picks of the draft get hurt in the first week of the season, i'll be looking to finish in the top 25 or so. thanks for the interest.

Balticsquids

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Balticsquids » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:44 am

LOL,,,,,so your going to be in the money ...BUTTTTTTTTT if your first two picks get hurt u wont ..MAKE up your mind , are u in the money or not , enough with the buts and ifs

Gordon Gekko

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:49 am

Originally posted by Balticsquids:

LOL,,,,,so your going to be in the money ...BUTTTTTTTTT if your first two picks get hurt u wont ..MAKE up your mind , are u in the money or not , enough with the buts and ifs top 25 is still in the money for league payouts. let's get on the ball here.

Evil Empire

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Evil Empire » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:06 am

If you don't mind me asking MR GEKKO, what position did you finish in last years NFBC. Were you a sheep or were you THE BIG BAD WOLF.

SHEEP or WOLF????????????

Gordon Gekko

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:12 am

Originally posted by GCA73:

If you don't mind me asking MR GEKKO, what position did you finish in last years NFBC. Were you a sheep or were you THE BIG BAD WOLF.

SHEEP or WOLF???????????? good question. i wasn't happy (which isn't good for the competition). i actually LEARNED a few things last year. to be honest, i'm more of a football guy.

Gordon Gekko

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:13 am

SHEEP or WOLF???????????? sorry, forgot to post before...i wasn't in the top 20 overall last year.

sportsbettingman

All About Sheep for kids

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:23 am

Arrr...Arrr...Arrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

eddiejag

All About Sheep for kids

Post by eddiejag » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:30 am

MR GEKKO you still didnt answer the mans question.Where did you finish in your league,and cant hurt that much to tell the truth. You have no problem telling us of your football season , so give up the baseball. BAD ANGELS
EDWARD J GILLIS

Spyhunter

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Spyhunter » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:49 am

lol, gordon, you are hilarious... I have won extremely competitive fantasy leagues for years and I know how hard it is to win...

I am sure all this trash talking is done tongue-in-cheek because the chances of you placing top 10 are slim... Football isn't baseball my friend.

I do however enjoy a bit of trash talking as it is quite entertaining

Gordon Gekko

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:51 am

Originally posted by eddiejag:

MR GEKKO you still didnt answer the mans question.Where did you finish in your league,and cant hurt that much to tell the truth. You have no problem telling us of your football season , so give up the baseball. BAD ANGELS to be honest with you, i haven't looked at the baseball standings in many months. i know i wasn't top 20. i don't even think i was top 40 at the end of the year either. but, it doesn't matter much if i finished 40 or 140 last year . for someone to get their hands on the 100K in baseball, they will have to beat me (be smarter, able to evaluate players better, have a better handle on how to do FAAB, and have more luck).

not being cocky here, just stating what i believe to be the truth.

1) i doubt many NFBC owners have spent more hours in the past 3 months "going over the number and how to evaluate players".

2) i think i'm better than most with FAAB

3) not sure how many people are "smarter". my mom always told me that i'm "special"

4) couple all of that with co-owning at least two teams this year with one of the best fantasy baseball owners i know and that is a recipe for success.

5) luck i can't control

thanks for the question

Gordon Gekko

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:54 am

Originally posted by Spyhunter:

I am sure all this trash talking is done tongue-in-cheek nothin i say is personal

because the chances of you placing top 10 are slim... we'll see about that, won't we

Gordon Gekko

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:55 am

now stop posting, i have to clean my room

Spyhunter

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Spyhunter » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:42 pm

lol, as if people who are spending 1250 or more on fantasy bb aren't working hard on preparing!

Gordon Gekko

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:43 pm

lol, as if people who are spending 1250 or more on fantasy bb aren't working hard on preparing! i guess you haven't played in many high-stakes events before. that's alright rook. you'll see.

Evil Empire

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Evil Empire » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:49 pm

SO You are a sheep Mr Gekko. Which one are you? 3rd one from the left?

Gordon Gekko

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:57 pm

SO You are a sheep Mr Gekko. Which one are you? 3rd one from the left? no, sheep don't learn. that's why they are sheep.

Spyhunter

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Spyhunter » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:02 pm

well, maybe you are on to something. I was reading the mastersball simulated draft and I wasn't super impressed with some of the picks I saw...

Gordon Gekko

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:30 pm

The program Gekko has grown beyond your control. Soon he will spread through this league. You cannot stop him...

Cellar Dwellers

All About Sheep for kids

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:05 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

2) i think i'm better than most with FAAB

You mean like, that Darrell May pickup? ;)

hankstr

All About Sheep for kids

Post by hankstr » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:18 pm

I actually was gonna' bring the most current spring training box scores and pick the guys that went 3-4. You gotta want the guys that are hot going into the season. Baaaa Ram You, Gordon Gekko, Baaaa Ram You.

hankstr

All About Sheep for kids

Post by hankstr » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:30 pm

I actually was gonna' bring the most current spring training box scores and pick the guys that went 3-4. You gotta want the guys that are hot going into the season. Baaaa Ram You, Gordon Gekko, Baaaa Ram You.

sportsbettingman

All About Sheep for kids

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:35 pm

Recipe for success...

Spend 5 bucks on a FB mag...and hope to hell they got it right this year!

...Baaaaaaa.....Baaaaaaaa!

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein