Fantasy Draft Software - Any Recommendations?

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:21 am

I used fantasy draft software this year for the first time in baseball. I inputted my own projections and then utilized the features I thought would be most beneficial. I found it much more efficient tracking my drafts than printed draft grids, cheatsheats, pen, and paper.

Though much easier to track than baseball due to the points format for football vs. rotisserie categories for baseball and the limited number of positions and starting players for football when compared to baseball, I am considering using draft software for my football drafts as well.

The problem is there doesn't seem to be an acknowledged best software out there. I'm curious if anyone has used a draft software for their drafts and if they can provide any feedback on the experience.

Thanks,

Glenn

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:09 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

The problem is there doesn't seem to be an acknowledged best software out there. I'm curious if anyone has used a draft software for their drafts and if they can provide any feedback on the experience.

not sure what you mean 'draft software'? are you talking about a program that tells you who to pick based on your projections?

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:38 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:

not sure what you mean 'draft software'? are you talking about a program that tells you who to pick based on your projections?
[/QUOTE]I actually posted this in the wrong forum. I thought I was on the NFFC site.

Doesn't tell you who to pick. What it does is track the draft in a sense like you would do with pen and paper, only now with a computer. It ranks the players as per your projections & the league format, it tiers the players as per your projections & league format, then removes them from the list as they are drafted, it provides a draft grid for you, it does the math for you as far as reaching your projected statistical goals, it revalues players based on your projections as picks are made by you & the other teams, etc.

You still make the decisions based on how you want to build your team or who you really value as a player over another player. It just basically tracks everything you would do without it, just makes it easier.

Glenn