incorrect scoring

bjoak

incorrect scoring

Post by bjoak » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:52 pm

This is probably just a mistake I'm making, but please help me so I understand. When I look at how well my team did on specific weeks in my league, the scores seem incorrect. For example, when I added up my points for last week I had 129.5 but the scoring for the week had me listed as 100 points in fourth place. By way of comparison, my overall score must have been correct because I didn't check it out, but it has me listed as 4th out of all 300 participants. No one in my league is ahead of me in the overall for last week so it has to be a mistake. I'm most concerned that these errors are affecting my overall score.

Big Alameda Machine LV7

[ August 10, 2005, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: bjoak ]
Chance favors the prepared mind.

DOUGHBOYS

incorrect scoring

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:21 am

No mistake, Brian. You're right. You had a helluva week and should at least be given credit for finishing first in LV7 last week.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

bjoak

incorrect scoring

Post by bjoak » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:07 am

After some more research I am finding that the league totals are correct. It is just the weekly scores that are incorrect. Still, this is an alarming problem. I don't think that anyone really tallies up his own stats. I mean we put a lot of faith in how well the computer is counting things and if we find that the computer can't count in this instance, how many other problems might be going unnoticed out there?

rmurph3

incorrect scoring

Post by rmurph3 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:05 am

I noticed this earlier in the season for NY4, pointed it out to Greg, and it was fixed shortly thereafter.

I think what happened in that case was that the weekly league standings weren't updated on Sunday, might be the same this time.
Ray Murphy, http://www.BaseballHQ.com
Men Without Helmets

bjoak

incorrect scoring

Post by bjoak » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:33 am

Nope, the stats are all in there, the points are just added up wrong. But, this is the case for many of the weekly league scores in LV7, not just last week. My scores, at least, are fairly consistently incorrect over the last month or two.

Bobby J

incorrect scoring

Post by Bobby J » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:30 am

Just looked at the week 1 and week 2 totals and they do not add up for LV9. I assume the overalls are correct and there is just an error with the weekly standings but who knows. I hope we can get a resolution to this soon, even though we are 19 weeks in now
Some Assembly Required

Greg Ambrosius

incorrect scoring

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:28 am

We'll get an official update from STATS soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

incorrect scoring

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:42 am

STATS tells me that the standings you were seeing were just within the league and for whatever reason didn't show Sunday's results, but those weren't used as part of the NFBC-wide weekly contest standings. The Sunday stats were definitely used in the weekly standings. We have double-checked every weekly winner and they are correct.

STATS has corrected this problem and the numbers should jive going forward. Thanks for catching this a second time as I'm not sure how that happened in the first place. But I've been assured it won't happen again. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius