Scott Rolen Stats Error

rotatorcff

Scott Rolen Stats Error

Post by rotatorcff » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:44 am

On Friday night against Colorado, Rolen hit a ball that was dropped at the LF wall by Holliday. Two runs scored on the play. The play was originally scored a 3-base error. Since, the scoring has been changed and Rolen has been credited with a triple and 2 RBIs.

I notice at ESPN's stats section this change has been reflected, however on our site, Rolen is still short 1 hit and 2 RBIs. Will this be corrected? Is there a system in place (the answer appears to be no) where changes like this are automatically detected and the stats updated? If so, why the delay? Thanks.

Sincerely,

Concerned Scott Rolen Owner

viper

Scott Rolen Stats Error

Post by viper » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:12 am

Under the hoped assumption that incorrect stats will be eventually corrected, is there a time limit after which stats will not be corrected? I think most online games have a Wednesday or Thursday cutoff for Football but I have no idea what it might be for baseball, if any. These thing clearly should be corrected as it happens all the time. By the way, I do not have Rolen.

[ April 18, 2004, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: viper ]

Greg Ambrosius

Scott Rolen Stats Error

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:15 am

I will check with STATS on this. There isn't a time frame when stats are official like in football because we're not playing head-to-head. If STATS or Major League Baseball changes it's ruling on a play the next day or whenever, that stat will be official and changed within the NFBC results. I will check with STATS on this one to see if they are changing Rolen's line.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

rotatorcff

Scott Rolen Stats Error

Post by rotatorcff » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:38 am

Thanks, Greg.

rotatorcff

Scott Rolen Stats Error

Post by rotatorcff » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:44 am

At Monday 10:30 AM CDT, this still has not been corrected. I'm still short a hit and 2 RBIs when I pull up my team's stats. In fact, if you link to Rolen's stats from STATS' own site, Rolen's numbers are accurate and the scoring change has been reflected.

My guess is, they updated the overall numbers but not the weekly or daily statistics.

The integrity of the numbers is absolutely critical. Small as it may seem, that hit and those 2 RBIs could matter in the final overall and/or league races. We need to know that everything is accurate. It's vital to the success of this event, and events in the future.

Shouldn't there be a system in place to catch a situation like this? What if someone hadn't noticed?

Beyond that, I'm really enjoying the hell out of the event. I'd enjoy it more if I could get some pitching, however. ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Scott Rolen Stats Error

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:59 am

Rolen's stat line will be changed, STATS has told me. Thanks for the catch.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Scott Rolen Stats Error

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:01 am

Originally posted by rotatorcff:

We need to know that everything is accurate. It's vital to the success of this event, and events in the future.Couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by rotatorcff:

Shouldn't there be a system in place to catch a situation like this? What if someone hadn't noticed? It's not a foul unless the ref calls it.

Tom Kessenich

Scott Rolen Stats Error

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:04 am

As Greg said, the problem is being fixed and everything will be correctly updated soon. Here's more on the situation from STATS: "Going forward we'll have three days worth of corrections reflected in the Team Stats page. Right now the caching of the team stats is separate from the scoring, so that's causing come confusion. Our plan is to link them soon, so that everything will be on the same policy."
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

rotatorcff

Scott Rolen Stats Error

Post by rotatorcff » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:11 am

Thanks again.

rotatorcff

Scott Rolen Stats Error

Post by rotatorcff » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:49 am

It's fixed. Thanks.