Prices realized for free agents???

seefer

Post by seefer » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:11 pm

Greg, why aren't the prices realized for FA players posted for intra-league use? I am in the NL Auction and I bid a ton (I mean a ton)of money on Bradley and yet he went to a different team. I truely believe that if you are going to run a league with no trading (out of fear of collusion) than the prices realized should be posted. --------Doesn't that make common sense?

Cellar Dwellers

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:53 pm

I'm in agreement with this as well. We also need that info to see how much FAAB money each team has left.

Fantasy Jungle

Post by Fantasy Jungle » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:02 pm

Im in agreement here with you guys. Not only should all the winning prices be listed, but all of the bids period.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:21 pm

I do think one needs to at least see the winning bid and money each team has left...it will be part of the strategy as we get later in the season...
Never do card tricks for the people you play Poker with...

OGB

Post by OGB » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:11 pm

I'm not sure all the bids should be posted, however definitely the winning bids on each free agent should be available (and it might be nice for curiosity's sake to see how many bids were submitted for weach player).

Also, we should be able to see each team's free agent $$ remaining. It definitely will play into strategy down the road.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:59 pm

Yes, as I stated on a previous thread, the winning bids should be posted and remaining FAAB will be available for each team. STATS thought I had requested that no bids be shown and thus that will be corrected tomorrow. All winning bids will be shown for each league in every NFBC contest from here on out.

I have chosen not to show all of the bids as some owners requested that. Since we are just taking the top bid, I felt that was what was most relevent.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:42 am

If you post the winning bids then in essence you are showing the other teams in your league how much FA money each of us has left to spend. I am not sure I would like to see that happen.

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:37 am

Winning bids are posted. They have been since last night. Go to "transactions" and then "waiver history". You can easily see who got whom and for how much.

I agree with one thing though; it would be nice to see how much others bid on players simply to see if you stole a guy for $85 of if you could have had him for $2. In addition, seeing at a glance how much each team has left to bid with would be nice too.

Best regards,

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:07 am

Plymouth, knowing how much FAAB each owner has is no different than having a price check in an Auction League and knowing how much money each player has to spend on remaining spots. If you can maximize a bid to make sure you get a player late in the season, that is important information and available in just about every fantasy league in the country. If we don't have each team's remaining FAAB listed somewhere, I will make sure STATS adds that.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius