Logistical Question

CubFanBudMan

Logistical Question

Post by CubFanBudMan » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:20 am

Greg,

Can you give us any information on the manner in which the facilitator will track picks for each league? How will picks be displayed?

Thanks!

Cub Fan - Bud Man

Greg Ambrosius

Logistical Question

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:58 am

That's an easy one. The draft tables will be positioned in a U shape, with 10 spots down the left side (for 5 teams), 10 spots horizontally to that at the bottom and 10 spots back up the right side. Huge draft boards will be positioned at the front for all to see and the draft will flow counter-clockwise. There will be one draft facilitator manning the 1 minute stopwatch and keeping the draft flowing and a second draft facilitator will be putting the stickers on the board. Each position is color coded, so that it's easy to track. We will have two 15-minute breaks, after Round 10 and Round 20.

That's pretty much it. The draft will start on time guaranteed and all three cities will start at exactly the same time. It will be organized and well run, guaranteed. Hope you can join us.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

CubFanBudMan

Logistical Question

Post by CubFanBudMan » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:32 am

Sorry to be so particular, but you're saying that as each pick is made a 2nd facilitator will be posting the name on a Big Board under the team name/number that just drafted them? And that the name will be color coded for position eligibility?

How will names be color-coded that qualify at multiple positions?

Already signed up!

Cub Fan - Bud Man

Greg Ambrosius

Logistical Question

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:21 pm

Yes, we will have two draft facilitators per draft and one will be responsible for the stickers. I'm sure each player is color coded for each position they qualify at, but at the very least it will be the position they played at most. We are working with a very reputable draft board company to make this perfect. It will be great.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Top Dawg

Logistical Question

Post by Top Dawg » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:22 am

Greg, I was in the WCOFF last year and they did not start the clock for team two until team one's pick was posted. Will this be the same? Basically, it meant that you had a bit longer than one minute to actually make your selection, depending on how long it took the "board" person to find and post the pick.

Thanks,

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Greg Ambrosius

Logistical Question

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:27 am

Yes, that's exactly how it will go. The main draft facilitator will announce the pick and it's then his job to tell the draft board facilitator who was selected and give him time to post it on the board. Once that is done, the one minute will start. Many people will actually be ready to make their picks right away and our "sticker man" may hold things up a bit. But we'll be organized and ready to make the one minute time limit work.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Draftboard Guy

Logistical Question

Post by Draftboard Guy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:38 pm

The draft boards will have player labels (924 of them) which are color coded by position. If a player has played at more than one position, the position he will be labeled in will be the one he played the most at last year. To see what the draft boards will look like, go to www.fjfantasy.com and check the jumbo boards with stands.
Draftboard Guy

Nevadaman

Logistical Question

Post by Nevadaman » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:00 pm

I noticed all the boards on the website only have room for 14 teams. I assume you're having a custom one made?

Draftboard Guy

Logistical Question

Post by Draftboard Guy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:41 am

Yes, we have an extension piece to add the extra round.
Draftboard Guy

Draftboard Guy

Logistical Question

Post by Draftboard Guy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:42 am

I meant an extra team.
Draftboard Guy