Trade Talk

Dyv

Trade Talk

Post by Dyv » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:35 am

Okay, unless you think there's a chance that a trade might happen in baseball and you'd hear it but your league opponents would miss it... let's talk trade chit.

Who is definitely moving?

My best guess list:

Jorge Julio

Guillermo Mota

Jose Cruz, Jr.

Austin Kearns

Rondell White

Ryan Howard

AJ Burnett

Mike Lowell

Jeff Weaver

Mike Sweeney

Mike Maroth

Ricky Bottalico

Who else is on your chopping block as a spare part with some value that their current team does not need?

Dave
Just Some Guy

Joe Sambito

Trade Talk

Post by Joe Sambito » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:18 am

Corey Patterson to Colorado...Actually I am trying to start that one myself.
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."

Dyv

Trade Talk

Post by Dyv » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:53 am

Originally posted by Joe Sambito:

Corey Patterson to Colorado...Actually I am trying to start that one myself. lol, I'll work on Mike Lowell to Colorado then... see what I can get done on both of those ;)
Just Some Guy

SlackerDan

Trade Talk

Post by SlackerDan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:11 am

What about all of the STUD Devil Rays ...

D. Baez

J. Lugo

A. Huff

These guys could also go ..

M. Lawton

Joe Table Mesa

Every day Eddie G

SlackerDan

eddiejag

Trade Talk

Post by eddiejag » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:02 am

If i were the philles i wouldnt part with RYAN HOWARD, he's a younger thome. TRADE thome he's old and getting hurt more with age.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Spyhunter

Trade Talk

Post by Spyhunter » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:19 am

I am offically bored - with my $100k team continuing to sit in mediocrity (11-12 place) and my mixed league draft team sitting in 7th place, there seems little I can do at this point.

We need a good discussion topic here to get people reading again - I miss those pre-season days where everyone argued endlessly about projections!!!

Spy

kd.gray

Trade Talk

Post by kd.gray » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:54 am

I need to put in my 2 cents for the Lowell to Colorado idea. Sounds good to me.
Ken

Chest Rockwell

Trade Talk

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:58 am

Originally posted by kd.gray:

I need to put in my 2 cents for the Lowell to Colorado idea. Sounds good to me. Mike Lowell would be my best guess as someone who has negatively been effected by testing. I am also shocked at at the "sudden" additional declines of Brett Boone and Sosa.

Dyv

Trade Talk

Post by Dyv » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:26 am

Don't forget Pudge Rodriguez...
Just Some Guy

Spyhunter

Trade Talk

Post by Spyhunter » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:35 am

I don't know about Boone and Sosa and roids it could just be bat speed. These guys are 36 and you have to slow down somewhat. Sosa atleast seems to be showing a little life recently, we will see.

Pudge on the other hand looks like a completely different man. I saw him on TV and he looks so much lighter it is crazy.

I wonder if Giambi has been tested this year and now is back on the roids?

eddiejag

Trade Talk

Post by eddiejag » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:00 am

DO you remember when CANSECO asummed that BOONE was on steroids, by the way he looked. He also flat out accused sosa and others. I dont think its bat speed , the change is to rapid. LOOK AT their numbers 2 years ago. I cant believe sosa , theirs a handful of middle infielders with much better numbers. I stayed away from all the guys CANSECO mentioned , except BOONE. ONLY because he was guessing on BOONE, GUESSED RIGHT.

ITS THE ROIDS.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Dyv

Trade Talk

Post by Dyv » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:44 am

I think with Boone and Sosa you've probably got the combination. Both were on the juice AND were getting older. Imagine having the strength and speed and then taking it away and suddenly realizing you're older and slower than you've EVER been before. They never had to lean in early on a heater in their lives, now they have to think differently and everything else. It's not just the power numbers - it's also the batting average. They simply aren't making contact AND it's not going as far when they do.

Roids and age - nasty

Dave
Just Some Guy

Chest Rockwell

Trade Talk

Post by Chest Rockwell » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:22 am

It is looking more and more like Canseco told the truth, still an idiot though.

DOUGHBOYS

Trade Talk

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:39 am

Add Barry to the list. Steroids assist the healing processes greatly and without them Barry has to resort to simply being human. I'm wondering when he comes back next year, does he fall off the fantasy face of the earth like Boone and Sosa, will he be average like Giambi and Pudge, or will he just have his body fail him without the steroid support?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Dyv

Trade Talk

Post by Dyv » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:26 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Add Barry to the list. Steroids assist the healing processes greatly and without them Barry has to resort to simply being human. I'm wondering when he comes back next year, does he fall off the fantasy face of the earth like Boone and Sosa, will he be average like Giambi and Pudge, or will he just have his body fail him without the steroid support? Indeed, I think the benefits of the healing process are probably MORE important than any other potential strength adjustment, etc.

Being able to bounce back quickly is a fantastic benefit in the long season.

My guess is Barry fully retires. I think he'd rather be talked about as 'what could have been' than 'the guy who cheated'

Right now there is reasonable doubt. Why take that away?

Dave
Just Some Guy