Suggestions to Improve Web Site

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:04 am

While the current fantasy site works and functions well, there are many places were it isn't very usable. These aren't huge changes, but would dramatically improve the overall experience. Here is my personal list of things I would ask to be improved. For example

1. League Standings: ESPN manages to show exactly where your team is on a single page where you can do various sorts by category, versus a giant multi page standings sheets. Infact, their matrix format makes it much simpler to see team by team comparisons. Here is a link to see what I mean:

http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/Reques ... eIDTo=1331

2. Player profiles: a) Why in the world isn't there an ability to 'Add Free Agent' on the detailed player profile page? While you are researching, it would be nice to immediately place a bid.

b) Why can't you see more than 1 weeks worth of game log stats for a player? Sometimes it would be nice to see the last month, or since the beginning of the year...

3. Player Rating system. I don't know the math of this, but the player rating system seems WAY off... This may be hardest to change however.

4. Team home page. On ESPN, you can see on 1 page, what your team has done to date AND last night. Much easier to deal with. Here is a link:

http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/Reques ... DTo=135621

5. Player position availability. Why can't the positions a player is elgible to play be shown directly on the Set Lineup page?

6. Games started. It would be very helpful on the free agen pitcher list to show # of games started.

All in all, very small things, but they would really make this web site much better spend time on. What do other people think? What other areas aren't as usable as they should be?

Chris

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:11 am

The one thing I would request is a daily league recap telling how each team did in that category for the day. This is the time of year where you begin playing for specific points if I dropped 2 points in wins out of nowhere I would love an easy link to see where he is getting these wins from.

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:21 am

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:45 am

Since we're talking improvements, when I punch up a players name, not only do I want to see what team he is playing for in my league, but also the 19 other teams he is playing on in other leagues.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:57 pm

Player profiles: a) Why in the world isn't there an ability to 'Add Free Agent' on the detailed player profile page? While you are researching, it would be nice to immediately place a bid.

I agree BIG TIME HERE!!!

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:00 pm

Greg, any resonse???