Suggested site improvement

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:28 pm

From the overall standings list, if you click on a team you see their roster with upcoming games. Why show this? Who cares?

How about showing:

a) the name of the person who owns the team, and

b) year-to-date fantasy stats for their players.

Isn't that what everyone wants to see anyway - who is winning and why they're winning?

[ April 07, 2005, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Head 2 Head

Post by Head 2 Head » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:48 am

Being a Newbie - My current interest is in bench makeup.

For example you have 4 players on the DL, yet carry a third catcher. I am looking to pickup another catcher and trying to get a feel on if I should bench my #2 catcher that only I own (4.8% ownership) or place him on waivers. ;)

I could really care less who the team owners are, with the exception of the few posters that I enjoy reading and most of those identify themselves. (Where is your signature?)

I do agree with you that players year-to-date stats (when active) for each team would be nice to see.

I am a target shooter (ie: 96+ wins, WHIP < 1.29) so until the last week or so the other teams matchups don't matter - and then only because I'm going Head 2 Head for the $100,000.
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill

nydownunder

Post by nydownunder » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:01 am

My only request (which Tom/Greg already have) is the inlcusion of H/AB's and IP's within the cumulative stats somewhere.

I think it really helps in managing your team in regards to tracking your target and manging positions. Especially if you are splitting the 9th SP spot between a closer and a starter. On the offensive side of things, the H/AB's can give you a better indication on why you might be above or below your targets (ie did you under estimate a player's platoon situation, or is that situation going to get you where you need to go). With the latter example you'd know whether you're better off with a sub-par player which plays 95% of the time (ie Pickering), over a a better player who is sitting every 5 games (ie Nixon).
Wagga Wagga Dingoes (NY#4)
Luck is where preparation meets opportunity!

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:25 am

Would it be possible to have STATS allow for 2 e-mail addresses for each team so that we could get an e-mail sent each morning with our information to each mailbox? Thanks.

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:39 am

On the Team Stats page the period drop down box only works for the top four categories and the last seven get an error message when you try to use them.

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:10 am

When you do a search on a player's name, the owning NFBC teams name is not showing up, all you get is a "what the?" and a team logo if the team has uploaded one.

Head 2 Head

Post by Head 2 Head » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:03 am

Plymouth - Well you should learn team logo's fairly quickly. Myself, I am still looking for ANA.
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:39 am

Thanks for the heads up Plymouth. STATS fixed this earlier today.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:55 am

Could Stats line up the days "totals" in line with the stats. (Now, they are to the right side of the box...shifting them to the left would look much better.)

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein