not picking axford in 6 drafts = WINNING!

pancho11

Post by pancho11 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:23 am

what a disaster

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:25 am

Originally posted by pancho11:

what a disaster That just SUCKED!! :mad: :mad:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

hankstr

Post by hankstr » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:26 am

Meltdown city - three run lead for cryin' out loud!

pancho11

Post by pancho11 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:27 am

I just hate to see Dusty Baker have cause to celebrate

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:29 am

gotta love fnngg closers!!!
"Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:30 am

at least you have the packers greg:)

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:42 am

Is it too late to ask for a rule change to eliminate the Save category?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:54 am

Originally posted by 76erfan:

at least you have the packers greg:) Not if the owners have their way in 2011. We might not have ANY FOOTBALL this year. :mad: :mad:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

stool pigeon

Post by stool pigeon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:56 am

i'm a brewer fan, in 3 five hundo sat leagues. got the awesome bushy mustached ax in two of those leagues. sick to my stomach right now.

at least franklin puked one up too. makes me feel a smidge better.

on a nfbc note, fantastic live scoring. a thousand times better than last years fanball deal. nice work.

[ March 31, 2011, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: stool pigeon ]
kaw f'ing kaw!!

Dylan Kolatzki
Saukville WI

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:01 pm

WINNING! LOL

:D

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:16 pm

axford got lit up in spring training. gett'n lit up when it counts too. i can only hope each axford owner backed him up with saito. one more iffy outing by axford this weekend could really inflate the FAAB bids...

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:18 pm

via sportingnews...

Axford wasn’t a praised prospect or phenom destined for greatness, according to pundits. In fact, in his final collegiate season, he was 3-8 with a 5.01 ERA.

He kicked around through the minor leagues, was drafted twice and underwent Tommy John surgery, which caused him to lose his scholarship with Notre Dame.

Eventually, after being signed and released by the Yankees, Axford was signed by Milwaukee and turned into a reliever, where he posted good numbers in 2009, prompting his 2010 call-up that ended with him converting 24 of his 27 chances.

Axford could be a late blossom, but it is also possible he found some big league success and it’s a matter of time before the league catches up to him. Any answer on that front is shaky because Axford, 28 on Friday, doesn’t have enough of a professional track record to gauge, and has only proven himself for part of one major league season. He allowed five runs on 10 hits in 8 1/3 spring training innings.

Keep an eye on Axford’s sophomore season because the jury is still out on him, but if any opening day loss can be crushing, this kind is.

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:03 pm

I've got Saito in both my leagues too early to gloat, but it wouldn't shock me if axford doesn't hold the job. Saito is reeeeeeeally old, though
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Originally posted by moon over my hammy:

I've got Saito in both my leagues too early to gloat, but it wouldn't shock me if axford doesn't hold the job. Saito is reeeeeeeally old, though he's old, but he's still cranking out good numbers. good job locking him up. are you also an axford owner buying saito as protection or did you buy saito as a "shark" ;)

stool pigeon

Post by stool pigeon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:18 pm

typical doom and gloom. not sure if the great gekko got to watch the game but...

braun pulled up lame on a bloop he coulda had.

mcghee got no outs on an easy grounder where he tried to make a tag at 3rd.coulda maybe turned the double play. game over.

so it wasn't all axfords fault. just hard to watch as a brewer fan, not an axford owner. he'll be just fine.
kaw f'ing kaw!!

Dylan Kolatzki
Saukville WI

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:20 pm

Originally posted by stool pigeon:

typical doom and gloom. not sure if the great gekko got to watch the game but...

braun pulled up lame on a bloop he coulda had.

mcghee got no outs on an easy grounder where he tried to make a tag at 3rd.coulda maybe turned the double play. game over.

so it wasn't all axfords fault. just hard to watch as a brewer fan, not an axford owner. he'll be just fine. no, i didn't watch the game. thanks for bringing some context to it. you said braun "pulled up lame"? is he hurt?

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:25 pm

I had a list of potential backups of closers I didn't trust(fuentes was easy, Kuo, Bard etc) it got to the 27th-28th round and he wasthe one left standing. I also got kuo in one league and fuentes in the other. I can't remember a year where there are so many iffy closers, even the tops ones have some question marks. I also took Bard in the league I have Papelbon in. Even though I picked papelbon in the 9th round, when Bard was lying there I couldn't pass him up. I have never picked this many backups, just a testimonial to the state of closers? Problem is when you do this you are giving up other position players so my bench is a little weaker than normal
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

stool pigeon

Post by stool pigeon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:25 pm

no bud, he's fine. the crew was up by 3 and it was the first batter of the inning and it looked like he could of went and got a ball but played it off a hop.

hindsights 20/20, if brauny woulda known that out was gonna be a game changer he catches it. thank God there is a 161 more for my beloved crew to turn it around. enjoy the season.
kaw f'ing kaw!!

Dylan Kolatzki
Saukville WI

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Originally posted by moon over my hammy:

I have never picked this many backups, just a testimonial to the state of closers? Agreed. In my mind Wilson was the only one who didn't have issues, then he got hurt. Then Thornton was named closer so i hitched my wagon to him. with ozzie at the helm, nothing is really safe though. i think you pegged it. crappy year for closers.

DiamondKing

Post by DiamondKing » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:49 am

No worries.Perhaps "some" people will get to pull Axford after his bad day yesterday.
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.

ESPN8 THE OCHO

Post by ESPN8 THE OCHO » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:15 am

While Axford may keep his job, the hit by Brandon Phillips to start the inning was smoked and 1 hopped the wall. Braun had no chance to catch it.

Then he walked the next guy to bring the tying run to the plate!

Then Axford caught a bit of bad luck as he should have gotten 1 out on the soft Rolen grounder.

Follows up by striking out a free swinging Jay Bruce(Got ahead and finished him. Good job)

Johnny Gomes belted a pitch that would have been out anywhere if it wasn't dead center for a sac fly.

R. Hernandez homered.

He faced 6 guys. 3 of them smashed the ball and he walked another.

Like I said he may keep his job but those of you posting it wasn't that bad or that it was bad luck are way off. He got torched yesterday.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:43 am

Originally posted by ESPN8 THE OCHO:

While Axford may keep his job, the hit by Brandon Phillips to start the inning was smoked and 1 hopped the wall. Braun had no chance to catch it.

Then he walked the next guy to bring the tying run to the plate!

Then Axford caught a bit of bad luck as he should have gotten 1 out on the soft Rolen grounder.

Follows up by striking out a free swinging Jay Bruce(Got ahead and finished him. Good job)

Johnny Gomes belted a pitch that would have been out anywhere if it wasn't dead center for a sac fly.

R. Hernandez homered.

He faced 6 guys. 3 of them smashed the ball and he walked another.

Like I said he may keep his job but those of you posting it wasn't that bad or that it was bad luck are way off. He got torched yesterday. Interesting how you and a previous poster both saw the game differently.

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:54 am

I agree. It's always fun to see how the game is viewed from different perspectives. The McGehee was one of the worst fundamental plays I've seen. Little League kids are taught to get the easy force there at 2nd to keep the double play in tact and if not, at the very least get the out at 1st. Terrible job there.

Ocho is right though. He did get hammered. I read an article about his mechanics being screwed up in spring training and due to his awkward delivery, his mechanics are really hard to repeat/fix. Bottom line is that he was throwing everything away away away yesterday and left the ball up in the zone. No pitcher can survive by doing that. It was just one game though. No need to get flustered just yet. Who knows, maybe the play, or lack thereof, by McGehee got Axford frazzled. I know I used to get that way when my mates would screw up routine plays and they were amateurs. I can only imagine how a professional feels when a routine play is botched.

swampass

Post by swampass » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:11 am

derrick turnbow anyone??

this is reaks of that situation. mil better get a some real options at the back end or their great pitching staff will be for nothing.

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:26 am

To be honest, the McGehee play should almost be expected, and was my main reason for avoiding the entire Milwaukee pitching staff this year (I have Gallardo in 1 league and that's it). By any metric, they are going to easily be the worst defensive team in baseball. The infield was awful last year with Fielder, Weeks, and McGehee (all butchers), and they made it exponentially worse by signing the worst SS in baseball in Betancourt. The OF is OK, but Braun is poor. BABIP will be no one's friend in Mil.

Get ready for alot of 7 IP, 11 H, 4 ER games from good pitchers.

[ April 01, 2011, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Hells Satans ]