Good Vibes

rkulaski

Good Vibes

Post by rkulaski » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Great news indeed!!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop as always, Greg.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Greg Ambrosius

Good Vibes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:45 am

Originally posted by Potter:

News like this doesn't get it's own thread? I mean, I get tweeted when some donk takes a gekko or has endured 3 minutes more than usual waiting for a mochafrappacrappacino. Come on now Greg. Come up with something catchy to headline the thread we've all been waiting for, and let the masses rejoice!! It's not official yet and when it becomes official you'll see a separate thread, I promise!! But I know what's going to happen and everything else is going to line up perfectly. I still have a few things to take care of, but I finally have confirmation on everything and we're all headed in the right direction. This is going to be great for all of us.

I give the guys at Liberty Media all the credit in the world for making this happen. They made a business decision on the products they owned and I totally understand that. They are a huge company and their efforts are going to be served in other areas and I understand why. But they still want all of the employees to land on their feet and stay in the industry if it's possible and I believe they want these top games to continue if possible. Let's see if there's more good news down the road. I hope there is.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

lschechter

Good Vibes

Post by lschechter » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:20 am

Does your last post imply there might be hope for the rest of the Fanball challenge games, or am I mis-reading that?

RichV

Good Vibes

Post by RichV » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:56 am

Originally posted by Larry Schechter:

Does your last post imply there might be hope for the rest of the Fanball challenge games, or am I mis-reading that? ".... and I believe they want these top games to continue if possible."

Great news about the NFBC, but to Larry's question, unfortunately, this quote sounds to me like Diamond Challenge isn't a "top Game"

Greg Ambrosius

Good Vibes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:30 am

Originally posted by Larry Schechter:

Does your last post imply there might be hope for the rest of the Fanball challenge games, or am I mis-reading that? I don't know what is going to happen with the other Fanball games, but Diamond Challenge and Draft & Play have value and I would hope that they can find a home. We'll see, but never say never.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

stool pigeon

Good Vibes

Post by stool pigeon » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:49 am

i just wanted to say congrats to greg and tom. they have always been stand up guys and i've been (and will continue to be) a part of the games they run for a long time.

every time there is a conflict they both go out of their way to come up with a quick and fair outcome. i'm glad the nfbc games will continue on. if it weren't for them the nfbc has no credibility.
kaw f'ing kaw!!

Dylan Kolatzki
Saukville WI

Greg Ambrosius

Good Vibes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:31 am

I realize that we've had a lot of ups and downs this past year and the last month has been like a roller coaster ride for you and us. There remains a lot of uncertainty about what is ahead of us, but at least we know there is going to be a season going forward with Tom and myself running the show. I can't tell you everything that is going to happen just yet, but I obviously feel very confident that we are going to be in very good shape soon.

The biggest remaining question now involves the back-end software. Nobody wants to have any hiccups this draft season or this upcoming baseball season and trust me, this is Job 1 for me. I strongly believe that partnering with the best technological team is the most important decision I'll make going forward. Tom and I are good at hosting events and running contests but we're both computer illiterate when it comes to programming and we MUST HAVE a good partner running this game for us. We are not acquiring last year's software, so obviously we need something better suited to what you folks need and we need it quickly.

I say I'm looking for a partner because that's what this next company will have to be. We need everyone who works on this event to act like they OWN IT and everyone has to be willing to give everything they can to make the software the most technologically advanced and easy-to-use for our customers. We need someone who can move all of this to smartphones and helps us modernize the live drafts. There are so many things we can do in the future to make this contest and these drafts more technologically friendly, but we can only do that with the right partner. And this next company will be A FULL PARTNER.

I'm confident we'll have all of that in place by the end of this week and hopefully I can announce that soon. I have a lot of meetings set up in Las Vegas and when I return I should have everything finalized and ready to go. Again, some things are already being worked on as we speak so I think we'll be in good shape quickly.

I realize some NFBC veterans are waiting to sign up for 2011 events until they know what is coming next and I totally understand that. After last year, I don't blame you. But you'll like the software we are getting once and for all and I'm very confident that easy-to-use Conditional Bids, Live real-time Standings, Lifetime Standings, quick FAAB bidding, etc., will be available for NFBC users right away. Gotta run, but I feel good about what is coming next.

Thanks for your patience all.

[ January 23, 2011, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

lschechter

Good Vibes

Post by lschechter » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:20 am

Greg,

The big game is coming up soon! Do you have your cheesehead on yet?

Vander

Good Vibes

Post by Vander » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:23 am

Greg, I've been on vaca this past week. It now seems more clear there will be a season. Wonderful news. At this point I would be more than willing to accept some glitches. Just happy there's going to be a season. Great work as usual.

Rainiers

Good Vibes

Post by Rainiers » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

I realize that we've had a lot of ups and downs this past year and the last month has been like a roller coaster ride for you and us. There remains a lot of uncertainty about what is ahead of us, but at least we know there is going to be a season going forward with Tom and myself running the show. I can't tell you everything that is going to happen just yet, but I obviously feel very confident that we are going to be in very good shape soon.

The biggest remaining question now involves the back-end software. Nobody wants to have any hiccups this draft season or this upcoming baseball season and trust me, this is Job 1 for me. I strongly believe that partnering with the best technological team is the most important decision I'll make going forward. Tom and I are good at hosting events and running contests but we're both computer illiterate when it comes to programming and we MUST HAVE a good partner running this game for us. We are not acquiring last year's software, so obviously we need something better suited to what you folks need and we need it quickly.

I say I'm looking for a partner because that's what this next company will have to be. We need everyone who works on this event to act like they OWN IT and everyone has to be willing to give everything they can to make the software the most technologically advanced and easy-to-use for our customers. We need someone who can move all of this to smartphones and helps us modernize the live drafts. There are so many things we can do in the future to make this contest and these drafts more technologically friendly, but we can only do that with the right partner. And this next company will be A FULL PARTNER.

I'm confident we'll have all of that in place by the end of this week and hopefully I can announce that soon. I have a lot of meetings set up in Las Vegas and when I return I should have everything finalized and ready to go. Again, some things are already being worked on as we speak so I think we'll be in good shape quickly.

I realize some NFBC veterans are waiting to sign up for 2011 events until they know what is coming next and I totally understand that. After last year, I don't blame you. But you'll like the software we are getting once and for all and I'm very confident that easy-to-use Conditional Bids, Live real-time Standings, Lifetime Standings, quick FAAB bidding, etc., will be available for NFBC users right away. Gotta run, but I feel good about what is coming next.

Thanks for your patience all. I'm with you. My flight and hotel are already booked.

Like your thinking on picking a technology partner. Know your weaknesses.

Also know your customers.

Technologically, what do I want? Reliability. Reliability. Reliability. Good, quick working FAAB. Live stat updates. FA availability lists. A good message board.

In my business, we often use the KISS principle, as in Keep It Simple Stupid. 9 times of of ten that is plenty, plus it helps improve your reliability.

Do I need or want content? Not really. Videos, articles, references, there is plenty of that on the net and I'm not sure you need to add to that. Fancy pictures, user interfaces, not all that needed or desired.

What else do I want?. If you improve the product later on, start with improved conductivity, with smart phones and tablets.

What else do I want? I want to know I'll get paid. Make sure your new partner has as much integrity as you do.

What else do I want? I want you to be successful. It is nice to know you and Tom are moving in the right direction. Looking forward to the end result.
- Robert

Daren E

Good Vibes

Post by Daren E » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:59 pm

This week brought great news indeed! I am kind of an outsider to the NFBC, although I did play the online $350 version last year (middle of pack). But I am a charter member of the NFFC and have made the pilgrimage to Vegas every year, with some success.

I have also been a loyal subscriber to Fantasy Sports Magazine for what must be 15 years now. I have bought individual copies of other mags over the years, but FSM has always been the only one I've ever subscribed to, so that should tell you what I think of it So I'm keenly interested in its fate as well.

I was kicking random thoughts around my head the other day and the NFBC/NFFC topic popped up. I wondered if it would ever work for the NFFC/NFBC players themselves to each own a piece of it and keep it going, like a co-op, or a corporation with stock, etc? Greg and Tom would of course be principle owners and run the business But we would never again have to answer to a faceless corporation and wonder when the next takeover or shutdown threat was going to come along. I would definitely be game. But like I said, random thoughts, and my idea is probably more complicated than it needs to be, and probably not even needed anymore.

Anyways, I'm sure you have already celebrated with a few cold ones this weekend Greg and Tom, and I'll buy you a couple more if (when) I see you in Vegas this year!
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
5-Time Live League Champion/Las Vegas

sportsbettingman

Good Vibes

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:15 pm

First off...great job by the Packers. They look like they will be holding their rightful coaches trophy in a couple weeks if they play to the same level they have been.

Second is this quote you made me...

"You will certainly approve of the back-end software Lance ..."

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Thanks for your patience all. When after reading this newer quote it seems you were selling the water before the pump got going?

You know me. I'm no snake. Nor fool. Just wondering, when I see two conflicting pieces of information.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Glenneration X

Good Vibes

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Lance, I'm sure we'll all hear the details on the new partner and back end provider in short order. However, reading Greg's post it appears to be a company that will make us all happy as the criteria Greg lists are all the things for which we've asked.

Greg, congratulations on what appears to be a great partnership and I, like everyone else, look forward to the announcement so we can get this behind us and move forward towards another great season with the NFBC.

On another note, although my Jets came up short, I'm happy for you and your Pack. Steelers-Pack should be a great Super Bowl between two historic franchises.

Glenn

[ January 24, 2011, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

Winston's Empire

Good Vibes

Post by Winston's Empire » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:37 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

Lance, I'm sure we'll all hear the details on the new partner and back end provider in short order. However, reading Greg's post it appears to be a company that will make us all happy as the criteria Greg lists are all the things for which we've asked.

Greg, congratulations on what appears to be a great partnership and I, like everyone else, look forward to the announcement so we can get this behind us and move forward towards another great season with the NFBC.

On another note, although my Jets came up short, I'm happy for you and your Pack. Steelers-Pack should be a great Super Bowl between two historic franchises.

Glenn Glenn great post all the way around! I am totally on board with the direction and feel of what is going on and can't wait for thig big announcement. Gregs word and him telling all of us things are good is fine with me and obviously lots of other people too as the sign ups for the Slow Draft Championship and other leagues still seem to be flooding in!

Sorry about your Jets, but heck ya for the Packers! As a guy who lives only 30 Minutes South of Green Bay, I am still SHOCKED :eek: the Packers are going to the Super Bowl! :D
My response to people trying to change my baseball loyalties.
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Chest Rockwell

Good Vibes

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:11 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

First off...great job by the Packers. They look like they will be holding their rightful coaches trophy in a couple weeks if they play to the same level they have been.

Second is this quote you made me...

"You will certainly approve of the back-end software Lance ..."

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Thanks for your patience all. When after reading this newer quote it seems you were selling the water before the pump got going?

You know me. I'm no snake. Nor fool. Just wondering, when I see two conflicting pieces of information.
[/QUOTE]Greg please make sure that in these trying times instead of trying to salvage a game we all love that you spend a great deal of time and effort reassuring Lance that you are not going to disappoint him. Remember he is no fool.

Joe Sambito

Good Vibes

Post by Joe Sambito » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:12 am

Nothing like a Sarcastic Birthday "Chesting" of Lance.
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."

Chest Rockwell

Good Vibes

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Originally posted by Joe Sambito:

Nothing like a Sarcastic Birthday "Chesting" of Lance. How hard is it to reach out to Ole Chest and wish him a happy bday Nolan. I spent my bday trying to help your boy land superbowl tickets so that he can take you.

I like Lance but the whole conspiracy theory just gets old. Combine that with a drunken nasty post about Tom last year.... Combine that with throwing a grenade even a small one right now in Greg's way is poor taste.

Joe Sambito

Good Vibes

Post by Joe Sambito » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:49 am

Originally posted by Joe Sambito:

Nothing like a Sarcastic Birthday "Chesting" of Lance. This was your birthday recognition! What better way to mention it, then in the context of a "Chesting"!
"Everyone is born right-handed, only the greatest overcome it."