How We'll Handle The Teleconference Auctions

Tom Kessenich

How We'll Handle The Teleconference Auctions

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:56 pm

This is probably something we should've posted before especially since some of you guys who may be in a teleconference auction are wondering how the process works. That's perfectly understandable and we understand if you have some concerns and questions. But here's the lowdown:

We did this for football (Chicago and Vegas) and it went smoothly. From an operational standpoint it was smooth sailing. This will not be a case of people shouting bids into a speaker phone or anything like that. You will still have your two faciliators in each league, one of whom will be responsible for announcing the bids and keeping the auction moving (for example, "Joe Smith brings up Albert Pujols for $5, ... Steve Smith bids $6 etc.). How this will work is each of the main faciliators will be on a headset with the other city so whenever a new bid is made the facilitator at your draft table will announce the bids and each city will know who made the bid and what the amount of the bid was for simultaneously.

Long story short, it will be the exact same thing as if it were a full auction league only you'll have one guy on a headset and a few of the folks making bids will be in another city. You won't see them, but you will hear their bids the second they announce them. There will be no delays or anything of that nature.

Like I said, smooth sailing.

We are 100% confident that this will work without any difficulty but like I said before we understand if you have some concerns or questions about how we're going to do this. Hopefully this post helps clear up any of those concerns, but if you have some more questions you can post them here or get in touch with Greg or myself and we'll be happy to put your minds to rest.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich