Billingsley bullpen session_pushed_back

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:20 pm

PHOENIX -- Chad Billingsley, one of three Dodgers removed from Monday's game with an injury, said his strained right groin muscle was still tight Tuesday and he anticipated pushing back his between-starts bullpen session a day or so.

not a good sign at all. billingsley owners need to start preparing as if he will open the season on the DL. :(

sranaghan

Post by sranaghan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:05 pm

not sure how you can say hes gonna be on the DL....there is 2 more weeks of spring training also....

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:11 pm

even if he's healthy, his pitch count won't be ready to last 5 innings and they'll likely be a rusty 5 innings anyways.

now if he's not healthy... :(

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:15 pm

also "pushing back" is not a positive thing...in the real world, it's called a setback. ugh

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:53 am

The news sounds positive to me...

Chad Billingsley-S-Dodgers Mar. 25 - 9:26 am et

The Los Angeles Times reports that Chad Billingsley (groin) threw on flat ground Tuesday without any problems.

Billingsley is tentatively scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Thursday and make his next start on Sunday.

Source: Los Angeles Times

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:58 am

Originally posted by billywaz:

The Los Angeles Times reports that Chad Billingsley (groin) threw on flat ground Tuesday without any problems.

Billingsley is tentatively scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Thursday and make his next start on Sunday.

Source: Los Angeles Times need to read between the line here billy. throwing on flat gound could mean tossing the ball back and forth in his backyard with a buddy. also, unless you are throwing on the mound, it doesn't mean a damn thing!

the real test will be if his bullpen session on Thursday is "pushed back". if it is, get Pavano ready!!!

[ March 25, 2009, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:01 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:

quote:Originally posted by billywaz:

Source: Los Angeles Times need to read between the line here billy. throwing on flat gound could mean tossing the ball back and forth in his backyard with a buddy. also, unless you are throwing on the mound, it doesn't mean a damn thing!

the real test will be if his bullpen session on Thursday is "pushed back". if it is, get Pavano ready!!!
[/QUOTE]Just saying the news "sounded" positive. Not happy to hear any injury news on a player I own, but compared to most this sounded better.

Pavano is going to be a beast....this years Cliff Lee!

That being said, I am having my own "spring training" and Mr. Pavano might not be on the April 5th roster. ;)

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:02 am

Chad Billingsley, whose start Monday was cut short by a mild groin strain, threw on flat ground without any problems.

"It's no worse than yesterday so that's good," Billingsley said. "It's nothing serious, as far as I know ."

"No worse" means "No better". Sounds a lot like the talk i heard from furcal b4 he was shelved for the season! Ugh. Stay away from CBill in your on-line champ leagues!!!

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:45 am

much like i thought...bad news...

Billingsley did not throw his bullpen session Thursday, which means that the training staff didn't think it was a good idea just yet to test his right groin, which forced him to leave Monday's game after two innings.

His status for Sunday's game is now in question.

Do NOT draft him in the on-line champ leagues until 20 SP are gone. If I'm reading this correctly, cbill will be on the DL or very rusty for the month of April. :(

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:53 am

"No worse" means "No better".

This would make a fine signature! :D
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:08 am

remember in 2003 Oswalt had the old "groin injury"...

Thursday, October 9, 2003

Houston Astros ace Roy Oswalt underwent successful surgery Wednesday on his strained right groin. The procedure, performed in Philadelphia by Dr. William Meyers and assisted by Houston team medical director Dr. David Lintner, cut the sheath to release the groin muscle.

Oswalt will have to rest for about four weeks, then can begin strengthening exercises.

He is expected to be ready for spring training in February.

The 26-year-old right-hander was 10-5 with a 2.97 earned-run average in 21 starts for the Astros this past season.

The nagging injury put Oswalt on the disabled list three times during the campaign.

Schwks

Post by Schwks » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:10 am

In other words, Gekko will be drafting Bill in Champ Online
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:14 am

what are u talking about, i wish i could trade in billingsley for, heck i'll even take Carpenter right about now. STAY VERY FAR AWAY FROM BILLINGSLY. HE COULD KILL YOUR SEASON, JUST LIKE HE'S TRYING TO DO TO MINE!

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:14 am

That's pretty cynical Schwks. Gekko has Bills so he has a vested interest in his health.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:19 am

i can see it now:

next up...MRI

after that...DL

i hope i'm not right about this :(

Scott Boras

Post by Scott Boras » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:20 am

This is far too reminiscent of last year when we read about the Liriano error for 6 months straight. Is Gekko looking for someone to point the finger at in anticipation of getting crushed this year?

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:24 am

Until I hear some (ANY) positive news on billingsley, I think it’s becoming more and more possible that we could see Ervin Santana on the field before billingsley. WOW! I hope no team has braun AND billingsley…

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:24 am

Originally posted by Scott Boras:

This is far too reminiscent of last year when we read about the Liriano error for 6 months straight. Is Gekko looking for someone to point the finger at in anticipation of getting crushed this year? i could lose all 30 of my players and would still end up beating you :D

Bama

Post by Bama » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:26 am

After looking at his team he's getting crushed alright, just dont know if he knows it yet.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:27 am

Originally posted by Bama:

After looking at his team he's getting crushed alright, just dont know if he knows it yet. if you think i'm getting crushed you really are delusional

Scott Boras

Post by Scott Boras » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:31 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:

quote:Originally posted by Scott Boras:

This is far too reminiscent of last year when we read about the Liriano error for 6 months straight. Is Gekko looking for someone to point the finger at in anticipation of getting crushed this year? i could lose all 30 of my players and would still end up beating you :D [/QUOTE]the difference is, IF you beat me i won't be blaming it on chad billingsley :rolleyes:

Schwks

Post by Schwks » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:31 am

Hey Gek, Isnt a groin pull sometimes just a groin pull? When I was 24 and pulled a groin, it took a couple of weeks but it went away.
schwanks.blogspot.com
Little Bits mostly non-related to fantasy sports...alright maybe a little

Scott Boras

Post by Scott Boras » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:33 am

Originally posted by Schwks:

Hey Gek, Isnt a groin pull sometimes just a groin pull? When I was 24 and pulled a groin, it took a couple of weeks but it went away. not with gekko it's not. he's a chronic groin puller :D

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 am

Don't rob him of his fun!! This Gekko is much better. I can deal with 6 months of these posts. They are entertaining and help pass the time.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 am

Originally posted by Scott Boras:

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:

quote:Originally posted by Scott Boras:

This is far too reminiscent of last year when we read about the Liriano error for 6 months straight. Is Gekko looking for someone to point the finger at in anticipation of getting crushed this year? i could lose all 30 of my players and would still end up beating you :D [/QUOTE]the difference is, IF you beat me i won't be blaming it on chad billingsley :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]IF is WHEN...i don't blame anyone but myself. Next! :D