Happy Holidays To All Of Our NFBC Members

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:30 am

There's not a better time of the year – no, not even Draft Day – than Christmas. Here's wishing all of my NFBC family members a Happy Holidays and a blessed Christmas. Enjoy the time with your families and get ready for a Happy New Year!!

It's been a great 2008 for all of us here at the NFBC as we awarded almost $1 million in prizes and grew our audience with the expansion of our satellite leagues. In 2009, we welcome NBC Sports/Rotoworld.com as our promotional partner and look forward to expanding again with the help of our NFBC Online Championship League. Yes, it's a down economy and we realize that, but even in a down economy we still need hobbies and diversions and a season-long fantasy baseball season is the perfect remedy after a long, hard winter.

Enjoy the holidays and then get ready to join me on the Message Boards right after the New Year. Tom and I are working hard on our rankings and ratings for the first issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine and I plan on being extremely active on the boards and with my new blog/column on Rotoworld.com. My goal is to have daily blogs that will be carried onto the message boards and get the baseball talk really hopping once our magazine deadline is finished.

So again, enjoy the holidays and then be ready to talk some baseball with me here on the NFBC boards. The baseball season is almost upon us and it's time to get busy!!! :D Happy Holidays all and to all a good cheer!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:43 pm

Greg and Tom Merry Christmas to both of you and your familys.Thank you for giving us this great game and cant wait to see ya in Vegas.ITS AMAZING how many friends ive met because of you and even though this is a business i look at you guys as good friend's.

Alway's fun getting together as i do Vegas with Greg with baseball and football with TOM.

Merry Christmas gentleman. Eddie G.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:19 pm

Ditto! Merry Christmas all! Please say a prayer for my son in Iraq and the others serving our country during the holidays. Thank you and God bless you.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:19 pm

Greg, Tom, and fellow NFBC'ers,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! With January and February approaching, everyone's hopes are alive and nobody is out of the running to win a NFBC championship in 2009. It's a great time of the year.

Walla Walla, I'll keep your son and others over in Iraq in my prayers over the holiday season.

-Rich
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:22 am

Originally posted by Walla Walla:

Ditto! Merry Christmas all! Please say a prayer for my son in Iraq and the others serving our country during the holidays. Thank you and God bless you. John, you've got it. I didn't realize your son was in Iraq, but he and all the other troops doing an incredible job over there will be in all of our prayers. Best of luck to all of them.

Happy holidays all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

ssmarsh

Post by ssmarsh » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:59 am

Happy Hanukkah to all from this NFBC lurker.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:03 am

Originally posted by Walla Walla:

Ditto! Merry Christmas all! Please say a prayer for my son in Iraq and the others serving our country during the holidays. Thank you and God bless you. My son-in-law finished his second tour and is sharing Christmas with us this year. A wonderful feeling. I hope the same for you and your family next Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:47 am

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

to the entire NFBC family......just over a long, slightly cold, wet month until pitchers and catchers report.........you should start before they do IF you want to succeed in the NFBC events in 2009 ;)

Sack

Post by Sack » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:15 am

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to the entire NFBC/NFFC family of friends.

Looking forward to preparing for our next GET together in March.

Ken & Kenny

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:00 pm

Mele Kalikimaka to all NFBCers and their families!
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Greg and Tom-

Thanks for all the hard work

Happy Holidays, Shawn

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:52 pm

Greg and Tom, thanks for making it happen...

Time to ramp up the baseball prep. See you guys in 2009.

Bama

Post by Bama » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Happy Holidays to everyone. Hopefully Santa was good to all. Looking foward to seeing everyone in March.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:29 pm

Originally posted by KLN:

Happy Holidays to everyone. Hopefully Santa was good to all. Looking foward to seeing everyone in March. Santa was kind enough to bring a Weii to the Ambrosius family and after getting in just two rounds of golf this busy summer, I'm happy to report that I've already topped that total in the past two days in my living room!!! :D When there are 40 inches of snow outside -- yes a new December record for our area of Wisconsin -- it's great to be able to golf and actually score better than I can on the real golf course. Man, I love this Weii!!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by KLN:

Happy Holidays to everyone. Hopefully Santa was good to all. Looking foward to seeing everyone in March. Santa was kind enough to bring a Weii to the Ambrosius family and after getting in just two rounds of golf this busy summer, I'm happy to report that I've already topped that total in the past two days in my living room!!! :D When there are 40 inches of snow outside -- yes a new December record for our area of Wisconsin -- it's great to be able to golf and actually score better than I can on the real golf course. Man, I love this Weii!!! :D [/QUOTE]Not that we don't already have enough to keep us busy, but the DS (nintendo handheld) is lots of fun too. definitely makes time pass when travelling.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Post by 751542 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:26 pm

i hope greg is playing golf on the wei rather than watching his badgers get WHACKED!!!!
" i have never lost...just ran out of time!"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:10 am

Originally posted by RoundTrippers:

i hope greg is playing golf on the wei rather than watching his badgers get WHACKED!!!! I just went home at lunch and my 7-year-old chipped in from 147 yards on the first hole for an EAGLE!!! He was 2 under after four and kicking my butt. Damn, I love these Weii games!!! :D

Forget about the Badgers. They didn't deserve to be in a bowl game anyway and it's the start of the annual Big Ten butt kicking during the bowl season. That was an over-rated conference this year and I think it will be an ugly bowl season for them. I'm still thawing out from yesterday's visit to Lambeau Field anyway, so golf anywhere one day after that is always good. :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

cribgusto

Post by cribgusto » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:00 am

Greg,

I assume you'll have all the snow in Wisconsin shoveled out before I fly into Madison on 12/31. I'll wave hello to you as I drive through Osseo on the way to Eau Claire.

Merry Christmas to you, Tom and the whole Krause gang.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:56 am

Originally posted by cribgusto:

Greg,

I assume you'll have all the snow in Wisconsin shoveled out before I fly into Madison on 12/31. I'll wave hello to you as I drive through Osseo on the way to Eau Claire.

Merry Christmas to you, Tom and the whole Krause gang. Well, we're now up to 45 inches of snow here and 3-4 inches we'll be on the way tomorrow night. I hope you're not flying into Minneapolis tomorrow because they are going to get 7-8 inches. We average 45 inches of snow per winter, so let's just say we've already had our fill and we're not happy with our new December record for snowfall. You folks will never see me happier than when I'm lounging in Las Vegas, finally out of the winter hell of 2008-09. :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:06 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by cribgusto:

Greg,

Merry Christmas to you, Tom and the whole Krause gang. Well, we're now up to 45 inches of snow here and 3-4 inches we'll be on the way tomorrow night. I hope you're not flying into Minneapolis tomorrow because they are going to get 7-8 inches. We average 45 inches of snow per winter, so let's just say we've already had our fill and we're not happy with our new December record for snowfall. You folks will never see me happier than when I'm lounging in Las Vegas, finally out of the winter hell of 2008-09. :D
[/QUOTE]Wasn't last winter the rain/snow hell?

Or do the memories in the tundra just conveniently forget the last one and deal with this one ;)

Okay I won't tell you the temperature here today :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:28 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by cribgusto:

Greg,

[/QUOTE]Wasn't last winter the rain/snow hell?

Or do the memories in the tundra just conveniently forget the last one and deal with this one ;)

Okay I won't tell you the temperature here today :D
[/QUOTE]We set a record with 100 inches of now last winter and this one is worse than last year. Wisconsin isn't like Buffalo; we may be the Frozen Tundra, but we don't get more than 40 or so inches of snow each year. So this has been a big hit here already this year.

Yeah, I already told you I'm moving out there soon. So keep the sunshine ready and once my kids are ready to move we're coming to Surprise, AZ!!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius