New York Resident

New York Resident

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:19 am

Myself and a coworker will be in Vegas the weekend of the draft and we will probably be signing up shortly. We would go in together as co-owners, with myself being the primary owner. Here is there problem: I am a New York resident, but my friend is a New Jersey resident. What are the laws regarding this? Will it be possible for us to even do the event?

New York Resident

According to the questions section you would be eligible but your friend would not. I would think since all the money goes to the owner It wouldn't matter what state the co-owner was from but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Q: Can anyone compete in the National Fantasy Baseball Championship?

A: No. The principal participant must be 21 years of age and cannot reside in the seven following states: Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, New Jersey or Vermont.

Q: Can I still compete in the National Fantasy Baseball Championship if I reside in one of the seven states listed as ineligible?

A: No. The laws in those seven states are written in such a way that this contest could be considered as a form of gambling, even though skill far outweighs luck in a 26-week contest that includes thousands of games. Rather than fight the legal system in those states, we have chosen to void all members who provide addresses from those states. Co-managers also cannot be residents of the previously mentioned seven states.

New York Resident

Jack, you are certainly eligible to compete in the NFBC and we welcome you and your co-manager. Absolutely no problem there. We are still working with our legal counsel on the co-managers' eligibility and will update that soon. For now, our rules language is being very conservative, so e-mail me at [email protected] and we'll talk more about your co-manager.

Is it just me or does it look like Las Vegas will draw our biggest number of participants for the NFBC? When New Yorkers are going out West to draft, that tells me something!!! Welcome Jack and get ready for a great event/contest.

New York Resident

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:20 am

Greg,

Thanks for the info. I'll email you now - hoping you can give me so more info on it.

Thanks