First FAAB Runs On Sunday, March 24th 10 pm ET

Greg Ambrosius

First FAAB Runs On Sunday, March 24th 10 pm ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 am

Just a reminder that once again the first FAAB period in the NFBC is Sunday, March 24th at 10 pm ET. That is before the official Opening Day, something we started doing last season.

All players are available to be picked up on that day. There are no restrictions about being in the minor leagues or as an unsigned free agent or anything else. The player pool is open, just like it is in drafts during the off-season.

The second FAAB deadline is Sunday, March 31st and once again you will be able to pick all available players. There are no restrictions for this second FAAB deadline either. The reason for that is that 25-man rosters won't be finalized until Thursday and FAAB will be open since Monday. It isn't ideal to then have to remove non rostered players from FAAB pools and to wait for the official MLB 25-man rosters from SportRadar. It's not something that would likely get cleaned up until the weekend and thus we will treat this FAAB period like the first one. It's exactly what we did last year.

The third FAAB period is on Sunday, April 7th and will only include players on the 25-man roster and players who were originally drafted and released in your league. Remember that this year any unsigned MLB Free Agent won't be included back into the player pool until he is signed by an MLB team AND reaches the majors. So if that player is signed and sent to the minors he won't be available in the free agent pool until he reaches the majors.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions here and good luck in FAAB this season.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Rotofan18

Re: First FAAB Runs On Sunday, March 24th 10 pm ET

Post by Rotofan18 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:29 pm

Hey guys thanks for info. Just a heads up third Faab runs April 7th not March 7th. I’m sure 99 percent of owners would’ve figured this out but that 1 would complain the rules are wrong.

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Thanks...fixed in original post.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:38 pm

I'm getting this error message when setting up bids.
Drop player in list 2 is not eligible in your league.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:22 pm

Yah Mule wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:38 pm
I'm getting this error message when setting up bids.
Drop player in list 2 is not eligible in your league.
I drafted a player so bad the NFBC now disavows all knowledge of him. Talk about kicking a guy while he's batting .094. :lol:

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:38 pm

Why is so hard to get a simple answer to a technical question around here anymore?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Yah Mule wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:38 pm
Why is so hard to get a simple answer to a technical question around here anymore?
James, email me at [email protected] this request. I’m not sure I understand fully what is happening. FAAB and Set Lineup will be finalized next week but let’s make sure this is resolved then.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:13 pm

It's not a problem, Greg. I saw this FAAB thread and wanted to set up most of what I need to do before I leave for Vegas. I didn't get that there was still work to do from the original post.

My problem is I get an error message when I try to drop TB 1B Nathaniel Lowe. I'll bet it's because he's referred to as David Lowe in MLB stats. Also, the Rays have about 15 guys named Lowe. But, Nathaniel/David is getting brutalized at the plate this spring and he needs to get off my team. :)