Current Site Issues

mdecav

Current Site Issues

Post by mdecav » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Current issues I'm having since we've moved to the "...shgn.com" site...

1. Every time I'm on mobile (Safari via iPhone) I have to log in to the Message Boards once I move away from the site and come back.

2. When I log in, the Message Boards are cut off on the bottom - I can't scroll downward, whether in a topic or viewing all topics. I'm noticing this both on the desktop and mobile when I log in. Even now as I write this if I add any more lines to this post the Submit button disappears behind the grey footer portion of the webpage.

3. My last name is appearing as the team name throughout the Draft Room even after I've changed the team name to something else.

4. The intro e-mail mentioning the DC draft order was clearly errant. Only 10 teams showed with the first team listed as "0. ...", then "1. ..."

5. In the draft room on mobile it would always have a player with his photo and stats in the wide blue strip near the top. Last year the blue strip changed to grey when the player was taken. Now it is dead blue space with nothing in it when 1) the player is picked or 2) when you move away and come back to the draft room.

Darik B

Re: Current Site Issues

Post by Darik B » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:25 pm

Michael, try using this for message board: https://nfbcforums.shgn.com/

Tom was having similar trouble today and this fixed it immediately.

We'll look at the other issues tomorrow with the guys.

D

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:22 am

yup. message board issues are confirmed here as well. Chrome.

i realize this MB is free; however it has gone downhill ever since the switch last year. you can't tell who else is online and there is difficulty searching and then making posts. if the goal is to make the MB a user friendly platform to express ideas and to build NFBC synergy, this is not the way to do it.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:46 am

Gekko wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:22 am
yup. message board issues are confirmed here as well. Chrome.

i realize this MB is free; however it has gone downhill ever since the switch last year. you can't tell who else is online and there is difficulty searching and then making posts. if the goal is to make the MB a user friendly platform to express ideas and to build NFBC synergy, this is not the way to do it.
Hey Mark, the reality is the upgrade provided by these types of boards was deficient in many ways. I agree with you about that. However, we had two choices when building the new sites - we could create entirely new boards that would hopefully function better but would remove everyone's entire posting history or go with the same type of boards that come with their flaws. We chose the latter thinking that posting history was too important to lose. If that choice is something all of you don't agree with and you're OK creating entirely new user names on new boards with no history of posts let us know and we could revisit that decision at some point in the future.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:38 am

I understand Tom. If you guys want a MB that promotes customer participation and a community feel, I recommend moving on from this one. While history is important, if it restricts your business, it has to be addressed. JMO

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Gekko wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:38 am
I understand Tom. If you guys want a MB that promotes customer participation and a community feel, I recommend moving on from this one. While history is important, if it restricts your business, it has to be addressed. JMO
Not everything can be blamed on the new software. We deserve some of the blame. The current situation involves the new corporate shgn.com URL, another domain change. These domain changes are done for a reason, but it's obvious it can cause other issues that aren't good for the users. It's time to stick with this domain name and not switch again.

The early slowness of the NFBC boards was also on us as we had to change certain settings to get everything back to the way it was. We just over rode the other software and didn't get everything set up correctly out of the gate. We think we have it now. Some of the old features are under Quick links under the NFBC logo above and maybe folks haven't found them yet. That being said, there may also be some favorite features that aren't there.

I think it's easy to say these are new UBB boards and it's not our fault, but we'll keep tweaking them where we can to get them better. Nobody understands the value of these Message Boards more than Tom, Darik, and myself, so let's get them right and keep the communications going.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:43 pm

So if we really have a Jones to see our teams and results from last year, how do we do it?

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:04 am

I frequently draft from my iPhone when working or traveling. With the two hour drafts and the shorter clock time after Round 30, the Que and Auto drafting is imperative.

When I load up my Que (iPhone) it is impossible to move players around once the Que exceeds the screen visibility. It needs to be easier to drop and drag and/or have a function like a plus or minus to scroll guys up and down. This would allow a player to stay on Auto throughout the draft and manipulate the Que in a short window when time allows to check in from a phone.

emersonrocks

Post by emersonrocks » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:03 am

sunday morning 10am eastern cannot log on to my current draft stays stuck at join chatroom...currently in a 50 dollar DC thank god i pre-set 15 picks

tried it on my phone/laptop and desktop.......................oh well

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:04 am

Ultrarunner wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:43 pm
So if we really have a Jones to see our teams and results from last year, how do we do it?
2018 results are not available right now. We will make those available soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:05 am

Big League Wood wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:04 am
I frequently draft from my iPhone when working or traveling. With the two hour drafts and the shorter clock time after Round 30, the Que and Auto drafting is imperative.

When I load up my Que (iPhone) it is impossible to move players around once the Que exceeds the screen visibility. It needs to be easier to drop and drag and/or have a function like a plus or minus to scroll guys up and down. This would allow a player to stay on Auto throughout the draft and manipulate the Que in a short window when time allows to check in from a phone.
Yes we will have to add up and down arrows there like we did in FAAB last year.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:41 am

Yusei Kikuchi is missing a ‘k’ in his last name.

Forrest Whitley is missing an ‘r’ in this first name.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:33 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:05 am
Big League Wood wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:04 am

Yes we will have to add up and down arrows there like we did in FAAB last year.
Thanks, Greg. Just wanted to second that arrows for the queue would be much better at least for iPhones and iPads.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"