Welcome To The 2019 NFBC Season - Site Is LIVE

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Welcome To The 2019 NFBC Season - Our 16th Season!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:35 pm

I know everyone is ready to draft TODAY!! I’m in Phoenix now and I can see the enthusiasm for baseball. I also saw several great NFBC players at the AFL Symposium this weekend and I know how excited all of them are for the new season. They all asked me: When do we start drafting!!!

The site is coming along nicely and we now have a full list of minor-leaguers entered into the draft room. We are adding a few more players who didn’t return to the majors last year and getting their Player IDs loaded. We are hopeful that you won’t need Placeholders from the start.

But we also are programming the discounts, the accelerated clock and a few more goodies this week, so let’s plan for drafts to launch early next week. We should be ready by then and we’d feel more comfortable testing all week and not launching over the weekend. Give us this week to finish all these new features and then we’ll start drafting early next week. Sound good?

Thanks all and look for a couple of other announcements shortly. We think we can grow our customer base with one idea and return to something else with our other idea. Stay tuned.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Welcome To The 2019 NFBC Season - Our 16th Season!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Registration is now open for 2019. Enjoy all and be ready to draft!!!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Big League Wood

Re: Welcome To The 2019 NFBC Season - Site Is LIVE

Post by Big League Wood » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:43 pm

If someone times out in say Round 4 of a two Hour DC, will they immediately go to Auto-Draft?

From pg.1

Going on Auto Draft: If anyone times out once during a DC draft, they will automatically go on Auto this year. If anyone times out twice in a row in a 1-minute draft, they will automatically go on Auto this year. Obviously any owner can take themselves off auto after they are put on auto, but the goal is to keep everyone diligent and to keep drafts moving.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Big League Wood wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:43 pm
If someone times out in say Round 4 of a two Hour DC, will they immediately go to Auto-Draft?

From pg.1

Going on Auto Draft: If anyone times out once during a DC draft, they will automatically go on Auto this year. If anyone times out twice in a row in a 1-minute draft, they will automatically go on Auto this year. Obviously any owner can take themselves off auto after they are put on auto, but the goal is to keep everyone diligent and to keep drafts moving.
Yes, but they can always take themselves off auto. But yes, if you time out it will put you on auto until you get back in and turn it off.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:21 pm
We are going to program the software to automatically give you that discount for a third team even if you buy them one by one and the same will be true this year for the Online Championship. We believe you can't just have one Cutline team, so we'll incentivize you for every third team!! How's that?
I’m trying to register for my 3rd Cutline league and it’s asking me to confirm $150 registration charge.
When does the discount show up?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:38 am

Deadheadz wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:20 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
We are going to program the software to automatically give you that discount for a third team even if you buy them one by one and the same will be true this year for the Online Championship. We believe you can't just have one Cutline team, so we'll incentivize you for every third team!! How's that?
I’m trying to register for my 3rd Cutline league and it’s asking me to confirm $150 registration charge.
When does the discount show up?
It shows up when you sign up for the package on Registration. There is no discount if you sign up for them individually. We no longer do that. If you want the package discount, select that on Registration. Use the TBD option if you don't know the date/time or format (2 hour or 4 hour) you want.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:38 am
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
It shows up when you sign up for the package on Registration. There is no discount if you sign up for them individually. We no longer do that. If you want the package discount, select that on Registration. Use the TBD option if you don't know the date/time or format (2 hour or 4 hour) you want.
Tom,
What you just said directly contradicts the section of the original post by Greg in welcoming us to the 2019 season which I quoted.

He specifically says regarding Cutline “automatically give you that discount for a third team even if you buy them one by one

Was this announcement in error or withdrawn?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:12 pm
Tom Kessenich wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:38 am
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Tom,
What you just said directly contradicts the section of the original post by Greg in welcoming us to the 2019 season which I quoted.

He specifically says regarding Cutline “automatically give you that discount for a third team even if you buy them one by one

Was this announcement in error or withdrawn?
You're right. Sorry about that. I forgot the change we've implemented. The discount will automatically be applied when you sign up. My apologies for the mistake.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich