NFBC Returning To The Stewart Hotel In New York In March

Tom Kessenich

NFBC Returning To The Stewart Hotel In New York In March

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:54 am

We're happy to announce that we will be returning to the Stewart Hotel in New York for the 2019 NFBC. We were there this year and received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback so we're happy to be going back there next year. We will again use the Fitzgerald ballroom for all three days but we will also have an additional room on Friday and tentatively Saturday as well. That room will enable us to avoid the Friday auction issue we encountered last March. So every draft/auction on Friday will be on its own.

There have been inquiries about adding additional leagues like a $5,000 Ultimate Auction or AL/NL Auction leagues. At this time, we're not planning on adding anything further but if the demand escalates we will figure something out. So if one of these options is something you strongly want let us know and we'll adjust if necessary.

Here's the current planned Schedule of Events in New York:

Friday, March 15
9 am ET - $1,300 Auction (Fitzgerald Ballroom)
2:30 pm ET - $2,500 Auction (Fitzgerald Ballroom)
4 pm ET - $1,300 Auction (Rockwell room)
8 pm ET - Ultimate (Fitzgerald Ballroom)

Saturday, March 16
1 pm ET - Main Event (Fitzgerald Ballroom & Rockwell Room if needed)
6 pm ET - $1,300 Auction (Fitzgerald Ballroom)

Sunday, March 17
9 am ET - Main Event (Fitzgerald Ballroom)
1 pm ET - $1,300 Auction (Fitzgerald Ballroom)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Re: NFBC Returning To The Stewart Hotel In New York In March

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:58 am

This sounds like a lot of fun. I may have to check this out this year!! ;)

This looks like a loaded schedule, but I want to think about this schedule and more for March. With the effort it takes to get to New York City for live drafts, I want to make sure we're doing all we can to keep you busy and happy, while providing options for new players to join. I'm not sure where we could fit additional live events into the schedule, but we have the space so let's just talk it through a bit.

We started in New York with an NFBC AL Auction League way back in 2004. With the Yankees, would there be interest for a private AL Auction League that doesn't take away from our national contest? Just a thought.

I know there hasn't been love for 12-team live drafts in New York City, but once we unveil our 2019 schedule maybe there will be interest in one in New York. A 12-team live draft with our software can be done in 2 1/2 hours or less. And maybe the new prize structure will entice folks for a Saturday night or Sunday 12-teamer. We shall see.

We're always looking for feedback and looking for more live event participants. We don't want to take away from any of these events we're used to filling each year, but we have the space in New York so let's consider if more is better once you get there. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:00 pm

Awesome! I was hoping we're going back here with the Friday auction room addition. I'm looking forward to it. When will sign ups begin?

rmurph3

Post by rmurph3 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:45 am

Excellent choice. Thought this was a great NYC venue. Can't beat the location for those of us who come in via Penn Station.

I don't even mind the bathroom location (good to stretch the legs), but maybe adding 5 more minutes to the in-draft breaks would be good, just for commuting time. :)
Ray Murphy, http://www.BaseballHQ.com
Men Without Helmets

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:30 pm

I know everyone is pumped to be returning to the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and Ritz-Carlton-lite of hotels in Mid-town Manhattan this year in the Stewart as much as I am, but just don' try booking a room for the NFBC dates on line. You can't get one. When I tried today, it showed nothing available, but after a good 45 minutes of navigating through their top-notch customer service, I was able to reserve rooms. However, there is NO NFBC block, and they stated that as of today there are very few rooms left for that weekend already since St. Patrick's Day falls on that Sunday. So if you're seriously looking at staying at this luxurious venue, I would suggest booking something sooner rather than later.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:33 pm

I love the people in New York but I was very disappointed that we had two auctions right next to each other in that small room. Poor planning on the NFBC part and then wanted to hear nothing of our suggestions to improve it. Something needs to be fixed for me to want to come back.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:06 am

Chest Rockwell wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:33 pm
I love the people in New York but I was very disappointed that we had two auctions right next to each other in that small room. Poor planning on the NFBC part and then wanted to hear nothing of our suggestions to improve it. Something needs to be fixed for me to want to come back.
Kent, I addressed this in this thread in the first post in the first paragraph. We have an additional room this year that will prevent the issue we had last year. That's been addressed and the additional room will take care of it. Hopefully you're still planning on coming back. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions but any logistical issues that occurred on Friday last March will not occur next year. That was the No. 1 thing on my list to address if we were going to return to the Stewart.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:17 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:06 am
Chest Rockwell wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:33 pm
Kent, I addressed this in this thread in the first post in the first paragraph. We have an additional room this year that will prevent the issue we had last year. That's been addressed and the additional room will take care of it. Hopefully you're still planning on coming back. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions but any logistical issues that occurred on Friday last March will not occur next year. That was the No. 1 thing on my list to address if we were going to return to the Stewart.
In fact, the extra room Tom procured for March is named the Rockwell room, after your Message Board handle. :lol:

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:51 am

Tom and I have finalized our travel plans for New York and booked our rooms at the Stewart Hotel. I look forward to my first NFBC New York live drafts and auctions.

Now, about this Irish pub we are going to on Friday night!!! :D Tell me a little about that!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius