Prizes Are In Accounts - Here's How You Claim Them

Tom Kessenich

Prizes Are In Accounts - Here's How You Claim Them

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:36 pm

All NFBC prizes have been deposited into player accounts. Here are the instructions to claim your prize. A reminder that ALL prize winners must claim prizes even if you want to leave money on account.

1) Login to playnfbc.sportshubtech.com
2) Click on your account balance in the header
3) Click Account Settings
4) Click Claim Prize
5) Click Claim Your Winnings Button
6) Fill out the Affidavit / W9.
7) Claim each prize, this is applied to your SportHub Games Network Wallet. You may leave funds in your wallet for 2019 NFBC contests or Request a Payout.
8) To Request a payout, click Continue to Wallet which provides a variety of options for Payment including PayPal, ACH, Visa Gift Card, printable e-check or paper check

If you want to use some of your winnings for basketball, football postseason or baseball next year, we will give you an incentive for keeping money on account. The bonuses for that are:

$25 for leaving $1,000-$2,999
$75 for leaving $3,000-$4,999
$125 for leaving $5,000-$9,999
$250 for leaving $10,000 or more

If you want to leave all of your money in the wallet, all you have to do is select the bonus offer you’re interested in, and click on the Claim Offer button. You don’t have to enter a payout amount.

Congratulations again to all of our prize winners this year and thanks to our team in St. Louis for turning around prizes so quickly.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

NorCalAtlFan

Re: Prizes Are In Accounts - Here's How You Claim Them

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:00 pm

don't have any payout options except paper check. and now, getting an error message, so can't get any payout.

rmrufe

Post by rmrufe » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:04 pm

When I click ‘Continue to Wallet’, I’m getting “An Unexpected Error has occurred.”
Ryan Rufe
Contributor at RotoWire.com
Twitter - @RyanRufe

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:05 pm

NorCalAtlFan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:00 pm
don't have any payout options except paper check. and now, getting an error message, so can't get any payout.
You will have a blue bar at the top that says due to security reasons, only by paper check. I assume there is a certain amount that triggers it that way.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:21 pm

rmrufe wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:04 pm
When I click ‘Continue to Wallet’, I’m getting “An Unexpected Error has occurred.”
This is being worked on
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Brian Jenner

Post by Brian Jenner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:45 pm

I'm from Canada so don't have a social security number, and therefore can't complete the W9 form. Maybe I did something wrong... ? I've never had an issue in the past trying to claim prizes.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Jackal wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:45 pm
I'm from Canada so don't have a social security number, and therefore can't complete the W9 form. Maybe I did something wrong... ? I've never had an issue in the past trying to claim prizes.
Call me at 715 254-5559
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:19 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:21 pm
rmrufe wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:04 pm
This is being worked on
This issue has been fixed. Apologies for the issue.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:21 pm

An FYI that if you see an amount that will be refunded on your credit card when you select receive a payment that is now the process. So that amount will be put back on your card and you can then receive the rest via check.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:29 pm

It's the process (for now at least) that if you made purchases with Credit Cards in the past 60 days for anything (NFFC, NFBKC), you will first be refunded for those amounts on that CC with your NFBC prize money. I'm being told it is a fraud prevention measure that we have to do right now.

If you have not used a CC in the past 60 days, this will not apply. You can check out your recent transactions in your account.

Please let us know if this does not make sense.

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:48 pm

Tested and claimed. Balance shows on my account now. Thanks for the quick work. Just wish my ROI was higher 😎

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Guys: Great job on the quick processing. Everything seemed to work smoothly on my end. Thanks!

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Just claimed all my prizes including the option it gave me to claim a percentage of another NFBC competitor's prizes. Not sure if this was a glitch, so I only skimmed 20% from Mager and Vogel for tolerance. Nice feature though. :mrgreen: :lol:

And Tom, could you be a doll and just drop my winnings in the mail to me tomorrow via FedEx instead of regular old snail mail? Not sure how much the Pony Express has thawed out by now out your way. This way I can get the check by Thursday. This would be great. Thanks! :D ;)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:06 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:37 pm

And Tom, could you be a doll and just drop my winnings in the mail to me tomorrow via FedEx instead of regular old snail mail? Not sure how much the Pony Express has thawed out by now out your way. This way I can get the check by Thursday. This would be great. Thanks! :D ;)
Lol at your expectations! I know some would pay for that option though if it was given. I know I would pay for overnight shipping to get my pittance if money quicker. With that said, do we even know when they will be put in mail or is it automated? I know the site said 3-4 business days but didn’t know if that was a realistic timetable.

Also, just curious. Is there a reasoning some get PayPal option vs check option? I’m sure there is so just wanted to know.

Ichiban

Post by Ichiban » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 am

Big thanks to Greg, Tom and Sportshub. Prizes were quick, and super efficient with all the options. Outstanding guys, and miles better than the old CDM days. Great job and even with the FAAB and layout kinks earlier this season, amazing job by Greg and Co for fixing stuff and making improvements to the game every single year.

steveymer2

Post by steveymer2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:01 pm

I'm not seeing the bonus offers - where do I find them?

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:10 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:06 am
Baseball Furies wrote:

Lol at your expectations! I know some would pay for that option though if it was given. I know I would pay for overnight shipping to get my pittance if money quicker. With that said, do we even know when they will be put in mail or is it automated? I know the site said 3-4 business days but didn’t know if that was a realistic timetable.

Also, just curious. Is there a reasoning some get PayPal option vs check option? I’m sure there is so just wanted to know.
Good questions here. It would be great if someone would actually answer them.

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:32 am

I have to say that the new payout system is very impressive. I claimed my prize yesterday afternoon at around 2:15 pm and chose the payout to go to my bank.

I thought it might take 3-4 days before I would be able to access it. The money was there at 7:00 am this morning (less than 24 hours) and I was able to use it to buy a stock that I had been looking at before it takes off (3-4 days would have been too late). Great job Greg and Tom in instituting this new very fast payout system.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:49 am

steveymer2 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:01 pm
I'm not seeing the bonus offers - where do I find them?
They pop up right when you Claim Your Prize. Do that and you'll see them.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:54 am

TRAIN wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:32 am
I have to say that the new payout system is very impressive. I claimed my prize yesterday afternoon at around 2:15 pm and chose the payout to go to my bank.

I thought it might take 3-4 days before I would be able to access it. The money was there at 7:00 am this morning (less than 24 hours) and I was able to use it to buy a stock that I had been looking at before it takes off (3-4 days would have been too late). Great job Greg and Tom in instituting this new very fast payout system.
That's great to hear. Adding the Direct Deposit feature back to prize payments is a great feature. Enjoy your winnings and your new investment.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:59 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:06 am
Baseball Furies wrote:

From Accounting: The checks go out the next business day after the customer requests them. These checks are now coming from our corporate office in Minneapolis and will likely have SportsHub Games Network on the envelope.

Also, you can have Direct Deposit when you request payment. That's even faster to your wallet. Hope that helps.

I think we've improved the payout process from past years and hopefully you are receiving your winnings faster than ever before. Enjoy all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 am

Greg,

The only option available to me at the time was check. Not direct deposit or would have gone that route. Is there determinations on what is generated for each player?

I agree that all the options are great now for payouts, but am just looking for more information as to how they are generated as seems like everyone got different options.

Also, was this sent through the post office normal or through a private carrier?

Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:31 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 am
Greg,

The only option available to me at the time was check. Not direct deposit or would have gone that route. Is there determinations on what is generated for each player?

I agree that all the options are great now for payouts, but am just looking for more information as to how they are generated as seems like everyone got different options.

Also, was this sent through the post office normal or through a private carrier?

Thanks.
I believe if you won $5,000 or more that direct payment option wasn't available. I have a meeting later today with Accounting and will find out more on all of this, but I think that was the case. We obviously would like that option for everyone, especially the big money winners who would feel safer getting these big amounts directly deposited rather than waiting for a check. I believe there was a bank issue, but again let me find out.

Paper checks all went out USPS First Class.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:09 pm

If you haven't requested a check yet and had over $5,000 in winnings and want a Direct Deposit for your winnings, shoot me an email at [email protected]. We have a way to manually give you access to this delivery. Thanks and congrats.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:09 pm
If you haven't requested a check yet and had over $5,000 in winnings and want a Direct Deposit for your winnings, shoot me an email at [email protected]. We have a way to manually give you access to this delivery. Thanks and congrats.
Now you tell me. :roll: Just hope the stagecoach from Minneapolis doesn't get held up before my paper check arrives via overland wagon train. :oops:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry