Set Lineups After The All-Star Break

Greg Ambrosius

Set Lineups After The All-Star Break

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Good luck to everyone this week as you finish the "first half" of the NFBC season. Major League Baseball pushed back the All-Star break a week this year and thus some MLB teams will have played 95 or more games at the break. So much for calling it the "Mid-Summer" Classic.

Not only did Major League Baseball move the All-Star Game back a week, but it also is coming off the break with just one game on Thursday. The Cubs host the Cardinals on Thursday, July 19th at 7 pm ET for the only game on Thursday. All teams then play on Friday.

So what does this mean for NFBC owners? Well, next week will be run similar to Week 1 from this year. That means that all pitchers lock on Thursday and hitters can be set on Friday. I will get more details from IT and post here (plus send out in an email), but plan on setting your pitchers well before Friday's games. I know it was slightly different in Week 1 because all 30 teams were scheduled to play that day, but get those pitchers set before that Thursday game.

Again, let me talk with IT about this and make sure we have this set as I'm stating here, but this is how we're dealing with the first games after the All-Star break. I'll post the exact lock time for pitchers as soon as I have that. Thanks all and good luck in the "second half" of the NFBC season.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Re: Set Lineups After The All-Star Break

Post by mdecav » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:04 am

Why would all pitchers lock on Thursday? Shouldn’t it be only STL and CHC pitchers lock 5 minutes before Thursday, and then the same for all other teams on Friday?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:17 pm

mdecav wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:04 am
Why would all pitchers lock on Thursday? Shouldn’t it be only STL and CHC pitchers lock 5 minutes before Thursday, and then the same for all other teams on Friday?
This makes a lot more sense. Exactly the clarification I am seeking.

Money

Post by Money » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:30 pm

mdecav wrote:
All players lock 5 minutes after the first game of the playing period starts. Apparently not for this period. It makes no sense not to be consistent throughout the entire season.
Joe

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Money wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:30 pm
mdecav wrote:
All players lock 5 minutes after the first game of the playing period starts. Apparently not for this period. It makes no sense not to be consistent throughout the entire season.
Since when do players lock 5 min after first game of period? They usually lock 5 min before the start of their teams first game of the period

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:04 am

Correct, if a team did not play on a Monday, you could still insert a pitcher from that team in to your lineup on Tuesday. The same should be d one this week, only STL and CHC pitchers lock on Thursday. This is not rocket science.
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Money

Post by Money » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:21 am

Gb2715 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:27 pm
Money wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:30 pm
mdecav wrote:
Since when do players lock 5 min after first game of period? They usually lock 5 min before the start of their teams first game of the period
Obviously I was referring to the first game of each players playing period.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:00 am

Okay, I just got confirmation from IT that lineups will lock this week 5 minutes before each team's scheduled first game. That includes pitchers as well as hitters. And we will have a Monday-Thursday Set Lineup that allows you to take out Cubs-Cardinals hitters on Friday if needed. Thanks to the IT team for making this happen on the shortened week.

I will create a separate thread to announce this, but this is now official. Plan accordingly for your teams this week.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:03 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:00 am
Okay, I just got confirmation from IT that lineups will lock this week 5 minutes before each team's scheduled first game. That includes pitchers as well as hitters. And we will have a Monday-Thursday Set Lineup that allows you to take out Cubs-Cardinals hitters on Friday if needed. Thanks to the IT team for making this happen on the shortened week.

I will create a separate thread to announce this, but this is now official. Plan accordingly for your teams this week.
Perfect. Thank You.
Joe

Ichiban

Post by Ichiban » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:13 am

There is a problem with the setup. I just moved Carlos Martinez out of my starting lineup, even though he pitched on Thursday. While the system should allow us to move any hitter in or out on Friday, Cardinal and Cub pitchers should be locked. Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:26 am

Correct. Cubs and Cardinals pitchers should have locked at 7 pm ET last night. We will correct that and look for any moves that were made after that time and adjust. Sorry about this miscue, but we're on it. Only hitters from that game were allowed to be moved for Friday-Sunday.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:52 am

Obviously the Change column in Live Scoring and in overall standings today didn't function last night, either. We will get that fixed for the full slate of games today. Time to get this rocking again in the NFBC.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Just an FYI that we didn't lock the Cubs and Cardinals pitchers right after last night's game started as the rules state and thus several owners moved pitchers who should have been locked out of their Friday-Sunday starting lineups. Guys like Carlos Martinez and Kyle Hendricks were put on their benches after last night's game started and a new pitcher was inserted into their starting lineups for the weekend.

We saw that and corrected all of that today.

We locked Cubs and Cardinals pitchers early this afternoon and recorded all of the moves that were made illegally. We are reversing those moves now and all of them should be done before the start of tonight's games. Sorry for the confusion and we don't blame anyone for taking advantage of the open door, but those moves were NOT legal according to our rules and they have been reversed. Everyone's starting lineup should soon be exactly as they set them last night involving Cardinals and Cubs pitchers and those stats all counted last night.

Again, sorry for the confusion. We wanted to give everyone as long as possible this week to lock in their pitchers and thus we made a quick change to allow all pitchers to be locked 5 minutes before their first game on Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately, Thursday's game didn't lock as we had hoped and so we had some cleanup work today. It will be done shortly.

We will send out an email so that everyone gets the news and be off and rolling by the first pitch tonight. Good luck in the "second half" of the season and best of luck. Let's have a fun and smooth finish to a great season.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:38 am

Just an FYI that we still have a few lineups to change from Friday-Sunday. We uncovered a few more Cubs-Cardinals pitcher moves that shouldn't have been allowed on Friday and will adjust those as soon as IT gives us the access to do that again. We thought we had all of them done before Friday's games, but unfortunately we missed a few. We will email everyone involved once this is done. Sorry about this, but we'll get lineups corrected soon and not have this issue come up again.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:56 am

Here’s the thread from 2018