Last Week Of The NFBC Cutline Regular Season

Greg Ambrosius

Last Week Of The NFBC Cutline Regular Season

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:31 am

Best of luck to everyone competing for the final playoff spots in the NFBC Cutline Championship. This is the final week of the regular season, one that has extended an extra week due to MLB's wild first half schedule.

Some MLB teams will have already played over 90 games by the so-called Mid-Summer Classic. As a result of the scheduling, the first round of the Cutline Championship will consist of three weeks, but that first week will be the shortened Thursday-Sunday games. Round 2 and Round 3 of the Cutline playoffs will be full weeks.

It should be a fun finish to this season, but realize the slight change to the First Round of the playoffs due to the lateness of the All-Star Game. Good luck all and enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP

Re: Last Week Of The NFBC Cutline Regular Season

Post by JohnP » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:46 am

I wish there was a better setup for this part. I don't like the short week for Round 1 playoffs. Round 1 consists of 4 numbers - your average score plus each of the next three weekly scores. Having 25 percent of your Round 1 playoffs being dependent on a short week really can skew the results. This is further skewed with the Cubs / Cards getting 67% more games than the rest of the teams for the week. Perhaps next year the All Star week could be one of the "regular" weeks and then the "skewage" wouldn't be so bad. Just a suggestion.

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:44 am

JohnP wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:46 am
I wish there was a better setup for this part. I don't like the short week for Round 1 playoffs. Round 1 consists of 4 numbers - your average score plus each of the next three weekly scores. Having 25 percent of your Round 1 playoffs being dependent on a short week really can skew the results. This is further skewed with the Cubs / Cards getting 67% more games than the rest of the teams for the week. Perhaps next year the All Star week could be one of the "regular" weeks and then the "skewage" wouldn't be so bad. Just a suggestion.
I agree this shirt week could really affect the outcome of the 1st rd of playoffs.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Gb2715 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:44 am
JohnP wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:46 am
I agree this shirt week could really affect the outcome of the 1st rd of playoffs.
I went from 8th overall to well below the cutline in 2-days! :roll: