Rate stats (BA, ERA, WHIP) in standings

mdecav

Rate stats (BA, ERA, WHIP) in standings

Post by mdecav » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:37 pm

This may have come up recently on these boards but are we rounding rate stats (e.g. batting average to four decimals) for league/overall points, or should they be unrounded?

mdecav

Re: Rate stats (BA, ERA, WHIP) in standings

Post by mdecav » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Anyone - anyone?
Buehrle?

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:01 am

My two cents is that BA, ERA and WHIP should not be rounded. For some reason, it seems weird on those rare occasions where there’s a “tie” and half-points are assigned for any of these categories. I’m assuming this will be fixed at some point but am not sure.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:40 am

mdecav wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:37 pm
This may have come up recently on these boards but are we rounding rate stats (e.g. batting average to four decimals) for league/overall points, or should they be unrounded?
I will discuss with IT. They should be carried out as far as possible.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:40 am
mdecav wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:37 pm
I will discuss with IT. They should be carried out as far as possible.
How did the discussion go? I still see ratio's awarded half points.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:51 am

All categories are being calculated out as many spots as possible to determine the leader. If you see an example where that's not happening please email me at [email protected]. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:22 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:51 am
All categories are being calculated out as many spots as possible to determine the leader. If you see an example where that's not happening please email me at [email protected]. Thanks.
You really don't have to look very far. I opened two leagues, the Diamond 669 and the Ultimate 606 and both have instances of the ratio's not being carried out. The standings are therefore mis stated. It won't be very fun having to tell someone at the end of the season that they really didn't win or cash. I only opened up 2 leagues so I'm sure it's occurring in many leagues.
Joe

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:31 am

Agreed.
Many instances.
To avoid a shitstorm after the season is over, I hope IT can 'calculate more spots' to determine the leader.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

rmurph3

Post by rmurph3 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:56 pm

When I looked into this earlier in the season, it needed to be fixed in the overall standings as well. Based solely on the number of ties I see in the BA column there now, I believe it's still an issue there too.
Ray Murphy, http://www.BaseballHQ.com
Men Without Helmets

Money

Post by Money » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:12 pm

Many don't realize that just because you're not in the tie, it can still affect you. If you're competing for a cashing position and the guy you're going against suddenly at the end of the year gets additional points from tied ratio categories, you lose ground.

It's amazing that it wasn't dealt with properly the first time it was mentioned. It gets mentioned again and we're told "All categories are being calculated out as many spots as possible to determine the leader". If that's true then the number of spots is two and it's totally different than it's been in the past. Baseball is in the back seat here.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Even in-season standings need to be calculated out as far as possible to show real-time, true standings. I certainly thought these were being calculated all the way out, but only displaying four figures. We will make sure this is done.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:46 am

All of these categories now calculate as far out as needed to break ties. Standings have been updated to show this.

The Search box is visible again on the home page as of Monday morning. The upper right corner shows the magnifying glass and when you click that the Search box appears. Search remains on Set Lineup to search for teams that you have certain players on. The Points Ahead numbers will be showing again shortly for all league standings. Somehow that didn't display after we made a site change on Tuesday, but it's coming back for all of you who want to see how far ahead you are. Sorry for that inconvenience.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius