Tailgating with Greg and Tom in Milwaukee

76erfan

Tailgating with Greg and Tom in Milwaukee

Post by 76erfan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:02 pm

So each year I arrange a trip to see the Phillies play on the road. Usually about 30 of us go. This year was 6/14-6/17 in Milwaukee. Greg and Tom made the trip down from Iola and Dean came over from Chicago and joined us Friday night for a pre game tailgate and game. My group toured Lambeau earlier in day so G/T got a head start on the tailgate part after a long drive back to Miller Park for us.

Was great to see them. The game did not go the Phils way as the Brew Crew destroyed Arrieta and won 13-2. At least we saw the Phils win Saturday before flying home today. Just wanted to share the story of cstching up with G&T and how the nfbc/nffc is such a close knit group and become friends outside of the draft room.

Had a blast!

Tom Kessenich

Re: Tailgating with Greg and Tom in Milwaukee

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 am

Yup, great time Andy. Nice to see you and meet your crew. Speaking of the crew, that was the only game worth seeing. I told you in the parking lot I liked the Phillies' chances to take the series and they did but I didn't expect both Arrieta and Nola (especially Nola) to pitch as poorly as they did. But great series for Philly and great seeing all you guys. Hope you enjoyed the trip to Brewers (and Packers) country.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:13 am

It was great to see you on Friday Andy and props to your group for doing this at a different city each year. A total of 26 Phillie fanatics toured Miller Park on Thursday, drank down on Water Street on Thursday night and then took a tour bus to Lambeau Field on Friday morning. I was glad to hear that everyone loved my favorite stadium as they not only toured Lambeau but went through the Packers Hall of Fame, saw the historical videos and went through the atrium. Then they got back to Milwaukee in time for a short tailgate and the game.

Great fun for all. And the weather even cooperated with us.

Now for the big question: Why am I the only one with a beer in my hand here? :lol:

Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:07 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:13 am
It was great to see you on Friday Andy and props to your group for doing this at a different city each year. A total of 26 Phillie fanatics toured Miller Park on Thursday, drank down on Water Street on Thursday night and then took a tour bus to Lambeau Field on Friday morning. I was glad to hear that everyone loved my favorite stadium as they not only toured Lambeau but went through the Packers Hall of Fame, saw the historical videos and went through the atrium. Then they got back to Milwaukee in time for a short tailgate and the game.

Great fun for all. And the weather even cooperated with us.

Now for the big question: Why am I the only one with a beer in my hand here? :lol:

Because the other guys are better drunks who drink faster? :lol:

Sounds like an awesome trip and it looks like you guys had a good time.

Signed,

Envious in Georgia
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:44 pm

That sounds like an awesome weekend.

I too was surprised Nola pitched poorly yesterday. I got to see him on opening day at Sun Trust. If memory serves me right, Kapler pulled him after 5 innings of shutout baseball... The bullpen blew the 5-0 lead and Markakis hit a 3 run shot to win it in the bottom of the ninth. (Right before major storms arrived).

The Braves refuse to go away and the NL East is a lot more interesting this year.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:43 am

Obviously around here all I get are Braves...but even the national sports media outlets talk about how great the Braves are, but then they only mention the Brewers seeming in passing despite the fact Milwaukee has the same record as the Braves (with the small exception of one more game played which was a loss). Both lead the NL with 42 wins.

Not sure too many saw those two teams as leading their divisions at nearly the half way mark. Lots of baseball left, though....
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer