Wash vs. NY Suspended Game

JohnP

Wash vs. NY Suspended Game

Post by JohnP » Thu May 17, 2018 1:54 pm

I believe there should be zero stats for National and Yankee players for this period. Is that correct? If so, why are the stats still showing up? It's all over the board. Stats don't show up in game log but they do show up in Team Stats. If the game was suspended then the stats carry forward to whenever such suspended game gets completed, correct? Would I need Austin in my lineup on that week to get his home run? Or do I get that automatically because I had him in the lineup when he hit the home run? I don't see anything in the rules that covers suspended games. Can you please clarify? Thanks.

Philippe27

Re: Wash vs. NY Suspended Game

Post by Philippe27 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:52 am

MLB rules state that all the stats are counted on the day of the original game so stats should be added to this week's totals based on this week's lineup when the game is completed, whenever that is.

Barry Bonds played his first game on May 30th 1986 yet he has an RBI single on April 20th because he came on as a pinch hitter in August, completion of the suspended game from April 20th: https://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx?p ... eason=1986 .

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri May 18, 2018 1:04 pm

JohnP wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:54 pm
I believe there should be zero stats for National and Yankee players for this period. Is that correct? If so, why are the stats still showing up? It's all over the board. Stats don't show up in game log but they do show up in Team Stats. If the game was suspended then the stats carry forward to whenever such suspended game gets completed, correct? Would I need Austin in my lineup on that week to get his home run? Or do I get that automatically because I had him in the lineup when he hit the home run? I don't see anything in the rules that covers suspended games. Can you please clarify? Thanks.
This game remains part of this period. When the game is finished on June 18th the stats will show up for this period. Lineups are locked for this game and whoever you had in your lineup at this time will accumulate stats for this period when the game resumes. No different than any other previous NFBC season.

Game logs for this game for all players involved are now displaying consistently. If you see anything differently let me know. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm

What would happen in the cutline in the post season if a suspended game finished in a different period?

jvetter

Post by jvetter » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:12 am

Bumping this thread as this game is finally being made up today.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 pm

So is the cutoff time for WAS and NYY players this week is at 5pm?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:16 pm

mdecav wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 pm
So is the cutoff time for WAS and NYY players this week is at 5pm?
Lineups are locked for the suspended game. First game lineups for the regular game lock as usual with a 7:05 ET start time.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

calmanagement

Post by calmanagement » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Will Soto's home run count if you have him?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:49 pm

calmanagement wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:16 pm
Will Soto's home run count if you have him?
If you had him active in your starting lineup at that time, yes. But he was still in the minors and was a week away from being called up, so I'm not sure if anyone had him in their starting lineup on May 16th. That's the key, he had to be in your starting lineup during that week of the NFBC season.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:19 am

Looks like this has been handled correctly. Doolittle save showing up in Period 8 as it should. Nice work.

The only glitch I saw was that the second game started prior to the scheduled start time and wasn't locked until the second inning. Someone made a suggestion awhile back that it would be nice for the games to lock upon first pitch thrown. Perhaps that doesn't work from a technical / software perspective but it would be a thing of beauty from the player's perspective. Regardless....really good to see this software handle the suspended game stats appropriately.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:45 am

JohnP wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:19 am
Looks like this has been handled correctly. Doolittle save showing up in Period 8 as it should. Nice work.

The only glitch I saw was that the second game started prior to the scheduled start time and wasn't locked until the second inning. Someone made a suggestion awhile back that it would be nice for the games to lock upon first pitch thrown. Perhaps that doesn't work from a technical / software perspective but it would be a thing of beauty from the player's perspective. Regardless....really good to see this software handle the suspended game stats appropriately.
Good to hear. That was a scheduled 7:05 ET game so I’m not sure why it started early. We will watch this more closely the next time a suspended game happens like this again. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius