Software problems with new Message Boards

TRAIN

Software problems with new Message Boards

Post by TRAIN » Thu May 17, 2018 5:59 am

If I increase the page view from 100% to 110% to be able to view the Message Board in a larger font, the 110% view is carried over to every other NFBC page (Stats, Standings, etc.) view even though they are on separate tabs from the new Message Board. Consequently, the 110% view squeezes out and eliminates data fields on these other tabs, such as the "Home League Standings Stats Transactions Draft News Change Teams" tabs at the top of every page next to the NFBC logo.

This problem only started when the new Message Board was introduced. With the old Message Board, this "page view carryover" font size was not a problem. Each separate tab could be adjusted for its own page view size without carrying over to all the other pages.

Another problem with the new Message Boards is that when I am reading a posted message and click on the "Return to “General NFBC Discussion/Contest Info” link on the bottom of the page, the system returns me to the very bottom of the “General NFBC Discussion/Contest Info” page instead of the top of the page (which is where I should be returned to). Example: Clck on any of the "Week 8 Bids" messages and scroll to the bottom of that post and then click on "Return to “General NFBC Discussion/Contest Info”.

Also, the new Message Board doesn't display the names of who is logged on to the Message Board at the bottom of the page. The old Message Board always did.

DOUGHBOYS

Re: Software problems with new Message Boards

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu May 17, 2018 8:50 am

Simply, these Boards are a lot less fun than the previous Boards.
It is great that all the messages were transferred from one place to another.
Great.
However, the end product needs work.
These Boards shorten subject lines, do not have names of the folks in attendance, takes you to the bottom of the page after posting (what site does that???), and we can't hit 'last post', the simplest and fastest way to see new comments.
Every time we change from one thing to another, another is worse than one thing.
If these Boards are the life blood of the NFBC, please call an IT Doctor.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri May 18, 2018 2:02 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:50 am
Simply, these Boards are a lot less fun than the previous Boards.
It is great that all the messages were transferred from one place to another.
Great.
However, the end product needs work.
These Boards shorten subject lines, do not have names of the folks in attendance, takes you to the bottom of the page after posting (what site does that???), and we can't hit 'last post', the simplest and fastest way to see new comments.
Every time we change from one thing to another, another is worse than one thing.
If these Boards are the life blood of the NFBC, please call an IT Doctor.
Yes, getting 15 years of our Message Board history retained was very, very, very important. I can't imagine changing to a fancy new software without that history.

You and John both want that Last Post item BADLY. Under the logo above is a Quick links button that has several pulldowns. You might actually like those features better. There is unread posts, New Posts and more there. Check it out.

Our IT doctor was good enough to save 15 years of posts, but IT didn't build these. And seriously if the Message Boards are the life blood of the NFBC, then we're all seriously in trouble. This is just an uncensored playground; the life blood hopefully is the game format and our very, very, very good fantasy baseball players. THAT'S our lifeblood.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 pm

'This is just an uncensored playground'

Hmmm.
I see/saw them as more than just that.
Have it your way. Moving on.
Enjoy.