Orioles-Red Sox Players Still Lock This Morning

Greg Ambrosius

Orioles-Red Sox Players Still Lock This Morning

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:27 am

The annual Patriots' Day game between the Red Sox and Orioles was cancelled yesterday, but NFBC lineups will still lock 5 minutes before the scheduled game time. I believe it was 11:05 am ET, so plan accordingly. Those players on both teams will lock for Monday-Thursday at that time.

The reason for this rule is so that we're not manually pushing back the lock time every time there is a rain delay on Monday. It would be impossible to do that and then lock those teams 5 minutes before each new start time. In a case like this, where the game was cancelled one day in advance it seems much easier to do, but you can't have a rule in place that fluctuates the software based on the timing of the delay or the cancellation.

The weather this spring throughout the country has been unpredictable and nasty. I heard there have already been 22 cancellations, compared to 25 all of last year. Maybe Major League Baseball will look into the schedule more next year and do all it can to keep early season games in warmer climates or domes. I know it's impossible to avoid the Midwest and East Coast venues throughout the first three weeks of the season, but when you have a whole weekend series get cancelled like we saw in Minnesota this weekend, it's crazy. This is going to reek havoc on the schedule throughout the year. So much for those extra days off during the hot summer months.

Good luck this week everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

acesfull23

Re: Orioles-Red Sox Players Still Lock This Morning

Post by acesfull23 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:01 am

Is there a way to indicate the game is PPD while also showing the scheduled start time so we know when it's going to lock?

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:16 pm

For future seasons, would it be possible to lock a game instantly upon the first statistic (plate appearance) being recorded by the stat service rather than by scheduled start time?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:40 pm

KJ Duke wrote:For future seasons, would it be possible to lock a game instantly upon the first statistic (plate appearance) being recorded by the stat service rather than by scheduled start time?
That would be awesome.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:41 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
KJ Duke wrote:For future seasons, would it be possible to lock a game instantly upon the first statistic (plate appearance) being recorded by the stat service rather than by scheduled start time?
That would be awesome.
Any issue with the stats service and this would be a train wreck.